icon

2002 volvo v70 remote start with 556u

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

i put an avital 4113 in a 02 volvo v70 with a 556u key in the box.

i installed the 556u according to the standard installation diagram which came with th 556u the only extra wire i hooked up was the eysense wire because this vehicle required it.

the problem i am having is that the car isnt starting.. lol

i put a key in the ignition and the car remote started successfully which obviouslpy means there is an issue with the 556u's wiring or even the RF loops possition

has anyone done one of these cars before? if so how did you mount your RF loop, the ignition cyl. is abnormal because the whole thing has a plastic shell around it which makes it hard to keep the RF loop in the front of the cyl.

if anyone has any input i would greatly appreciate it!!! thank you!

sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

could it be an issue with the 556 u module? the thing is soo simple i dont think it could have an issue..

pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
which wires did u use on the 556U u have to use the blue which is for GWR , the red for constant and the black for ground. that vehicle doesnt really need a keysense wire
Confidence is the key to any project!!
sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
ground, power, blue status input (GWR), and the keysense wire to the ignition barrel. i belive i have to tap into the factory key ring. i just have to figue out which 2 wires are the correct ones comming out of that immobilizer ring because there are wires going in there for the lighted igntion.
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry about that last post...I keeep thinking I can copy and paste from Word.  What I was attempting to say is that I just did an S80 a couple of weeks ago and if I were you I would check the following things.

-First, make sure the key that you're using in the 556u actually does start the car (I know....duh right?).

-With the 556u connected, hold it in your hand, activate the RS, and you should "feel" the internal relay of the 556u click

-After confirming the first 2 steps, check the position of the antenna ring at the ignition cylinder.  It needs to go in front of the factory antenna ring, not behind it on the metal cylinder.  If your 556u was new when you started, the install manual should have a diagram showing the "correct" way versus the "incorrect" way of positioning it.

-You don't need to have any key sense wires rom the 556u hooked up to anything, but you do need to have 12 volts on the vehicle's key sense wire when remote starting.  It should be a yellow wire within the ignition harness and you should use one of your RS unit's ignition outputs that holds 12 volts on it while cranking.  Treat the yellow wire just like your main ignition wire (which should be blue/red).

kelewis 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

Did you happen to get a reply or were you able to resolve the issue?  I am having the same exact problem.  Please advise if you can.

Lewis

pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
just did a volvo today ok the yellow wire from the same harness as the ignition harness must be a positive when remote started. Most remote starters use a negative so u must use i relay which is what i did. The 556u has a wire that throws a positive when remote started i just forgot that color.the ring of the 556u must be really close to the edge. I got it as close as i could and taped the ring so that it does move while reinstalling. Hope it helps.
Confidence is the key to any project!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic