2005 kia sedona pkall bypass issues.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mysticalp 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have just installed an Autostart ASSC-5000 remote starter/alarm.  The starter wiring seemed to be straight forward.  When I went to program the Pkall Bypass unit it doesn't seem to respond properly.  The Kia Sedona hookup is here: http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=2005&make=Kia&model=Sedona&ps=1&s=0

At stage 7 of the programming, all seems well, the LED flashes twice.  When I put the key in to the On position the light goes solid and does not go through the "10 flash" sequence. 

At this point I cannot start the vehicle.  Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.  Thank-you in advance for your time and consideration.

Pete.

Pete
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Is the Pink Ignition wire connected to an Ignition wire and seeing +12v when you turn the key to ON?
Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Kreg357,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, the pkall pink wire is connected to the WHITE/ blue wire at the ignition harness, which also has the yellow ignition wire from the remote starter.

Pete
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

At Step 3, is the LED flashing?  That would mean the PKALL was previously programmed ( perhaps already used on another car ).

I have heard that you should try to get Connector 2 ( Step3 ) plugged in very quickly after Connector 1.

If all of your connections are correct and soldered there isn't much more I can think of, except making sure the GWR wire isn't seeing a ground while programming.  ( Still prefer iDatalink modules, they are sooo easy... 2005 kia sedona pkall bypass issues. -- posted image.      )

Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Kreg357,

The Led in step 3 doesn't flash.  When I connect  Conn 1 then conn 2 the led comes on solid.  I connect conn 3.  i release the program button, press one time the led turns onn then off.  I press it twice then it flashes in a "double flash" sequence. When i turn the ignition to on the led stays on solid.?????  i too am not sure....

what idatalink unit would you recommend? (easiest and fastest)

Thanks once again for your input!

Pete
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

Another question:

I tried starting the car with the remote starter....the car keeps cranking.....just a question, is this a result of the pkall not working? or would it be something else?

Pete
kreg357 
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

Not too familiar with the Kias.  Any "security" type light on the dash while its cranking?   Pull the power to the PKALL, place a working key into the ignition switch but don't turn it and try a remote start.

The iDatalink ADS-TBSL KO would be the best one for those that don't have the ADS USB cable to download / flash firmware.   http://www.idatalink.com/support/helpdesk   I have the cable and would use the ADS TB flashed with the ADS TB HK firmware.

Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Kreg357

Sorry for the delay in my response......I pulled the wires out of the pkall unit, put the Kia key in the ignition, just as you suggested.......It starts!!  From that result, I take it that the pkall unit is not functioning properly??  I have definately taken your suggestion and ordered an iDatalink unit!

I have another question.....I find that when I started the vehicle with the remote start (just 2 times) it drained quite a bit of the battery.....to the point where I needed to boost it! what could be my problem in regards to this?  (Would I be able to PM you for future questions?)

Thanks again.

Pete.

Pete
kreg357 
Posted: December 16, 2010 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with the AutoStart unit.  Can you list all your remote start connections to the Sedona?  Maybe the battery went low while the install was going on?  Does everything work normally when using a key?
Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2010 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Kreg357...

Absolutely!  I will try my best to best describe what is given; and yes, everything does work normally when I use the key.

2005 kia sedona pkall bypass issues. -- posted image.

1.  6-Pin Connector:

Everything is connected.  (All 6 wires are found at the Ignition Harness of the Kia)  The Green (5th Relay) is being used for the 2nd Accessory Wire.  It is wired as follows:

30 - 2nd Accessory (Green) from Kia

87 - +12 volts (fused)

86 - +12 volts (fused)

85 - Green 5th Relay on 6 pin Connector

87a - N/A

ALSO the jumper for the 5th relay is adjusted accordingly (see rear view on schematic)

2.  The 5 Pin Connector:

1. Black is coonected to Ground, 2.Purple is connected to Tach (green) @ Ignition Coil, 3.Grey is connected to the hood pin, 4.Orange is connected to the brake (white) @ switch above brake pedal, 5. Yellow parking ligh (+) is not used.

3.  The 12-Pin Connector:

2. Brown is connected to power lock (WHITE/ black (-)), 3. Green is connected to power unlock (RED / green (-)), 9. Purple is connected to (+) siren output, 10. White is connected (WAS CONNECTED TO THE PKALL BLUE/WHITE) all other wires Not Used.

4.  The 5-Pin Connector (Side):

5. Yellow is connected to Parking Lights (-)output (WHITE/ red) @ steering column harness.  all other wires are not Used.

Kreg357, this is what I have connected.  ANother question, if you check the installation of the Pkall unit wiring and the iDatalink ADS-TBSL KO (Page 24 Section D of install guide)..... the wiring location is different, although they both are using the same wires???  Could you remind me of the orientation of the harness.....would I look at the harness from the BACK where the wires enter the connector to determine where pin 1 starts? or do I look at the Harness from the FRONT where I plug it into the Immobilizer unit?

Sorry for the long description....I hope this helps...Thank-you for your consideration.

Pete.

Pete
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic