icon

2011 hyundai sonata 2.0t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
berto1230781 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  
cool i have installed remote start and alarm system before but i used the old school 555u module i'm thinking of trying out this idatalink for the first time just wanted as much info i can get before the first attemp so let me get this straight all the wires from the remote start system wires straight to the idatalink wires and the regular 12+ and ground like always and my canl and canh wires will be hooked up to the cars brain reason i ask beacuse i was looking at the install guide and it said use one of the 2 methods to my under standing is using the data wire and hard wiring it?? right
roberto gonzalez
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  

The two wiring methods are basically "with iDatalink" ( aka D2D ) and "without iDatalink" ( aka W2W ).  One way iDatalink would eliminate the need of hardwiring all the black dashed lines.  Two way iDatalink would also eliminate the need of hardwiring the Red lines.   The brand and model of remote starter would be the determining factor if you could use iDatalink mode and whether it would be one way or two way. 

If you were to install in the W2W method, all wire connections would be made ( solid, dashed & Red ).   As I said, I still use the W2W method and mate the remote start & bypass "on the bench" prior to install.  Takes a little longer and uses a lot of solder and heat shrink tube but always works.  While the unit in the picture is just a remote start ( no alarm ) and fairly basic, at the bottom you can see the door lock / unlock and +12v, ground and (-) Status wires connecting between the modules.

With your install, there would be 5 wires going from the bypass to the car and 5 wires from the remote starter going to the car ( including chassis ground and horn ).  Everything else goes between the modules.  I believe all Sonatas come with a factory alarm.  So you can use the cars hood status for the remote starters Hood pin input.  The cars' alarm won't trigger with a remote start so no need to set "unlock before start and re-lock after start" option to turn off the alarm. 

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic