an immobilizer bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tkmech21 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

HI all,

I am installing a remote start on my 2001 ford ranger, it has factory keyless entry and antitheft.  I installed an avistart 4113.  I went with a super simple setup not using the parking lights, horn, factory arm and disarm etc.  Pretty much stricly to start the truck and run the heat/ac.  the remote start is working fine, I am having a problem with the bypass.  I am using the directed 555p, now the only thing I see that may be an issue is I haven't had a spare key in over 6 years ( i have no idea where it went) and the directions say to use two keys to setup the bypass.  When I activate the remote start the led on the bypass flickers on for a split second then it comes on solid for a few seconds, but the starter never cranks, and the theft light flashes rapidly.  I have gone over the wiring and don't see any issues.  Just wondering if not having two keys is my issue and is there any way around it without buying a new costly key.  Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
hi,
you need two keys to program the bypass. most Ford products require two master keys to program any additional keys...and bypasses since they would be considered keys.
mark
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Well if you want to make it work with only one key. there is a way. Remove the chip from the key and mount it near the transponder ring. Also disconnect your bypass since you will not need it. You could also cut some steel keys and mount the whole key near the transponder ring. You will be able to start the car with steel keys since your anti theft will be permently bypassed. This is not the professional way or the way I would do a customers car but it will work and I have done it before.
Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer
tkmech21 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.  I installed a system on my honda pilot and didn't need two keys, so i was suprized to see this one did.  Oh well I guess i'll be having to get anothe key made, not real keen on the idea of removing the chip and permanately bypassing the immobilizer, still need a little security.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
Is there a starter cut or provision for one on the 4113?
If so that's the way to go with the chip removed. Been doing that over here on UK Fords but then our alarms have 2 circuit immobilisers and we never had the by-passes till recently. Done that on my Mits as well.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Howard: Unfortunately not. The 4113 is only a 1-button starter with door unlock.
tkmech21: The "Two Keys Requirement" is specific to Chryslers, Mitsubishis, and later model Fords and Mazdas (some models starting in 2000, and virtually all since 2004).
These vehicles will not go into "Learn" mode to accept a new key or a bypass unless one of two things happens:
1. The ignition is turned on and off in a specific sequence, with the car seeing 2 unique transponder signals that it already accepts.
2. A dealer scan tool is used.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
Good point Krazy man, I gave a way my not having met these systems yet, I think the similar 5301 is now available over here but no chance to play with one yet.
I know with Fords and Mazdas that when I chip them I have to do ALL the keys.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure of the price but there is a way to get a working bypass module with just one working key.  Contact an iDatalink authorized dealer.  They have a product / process called Klon that will produce a working ADS bypass module with just one key.
Soldering is fun!
tkmech21 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
I just ordered two keys from ebay, so when I get them I'll have to have them cut and programed.  If they Clone my key that I have now won't that be the same as trying to use the same key twice?  Or can they set up the new key with different "passcode" or whatever you want to call it.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
The new keys will be fine.  Yes, a clone key gives the same transponder code as one that is already programmed to the car and is the same as using the same key twice and won't allow you to enter into "Learn" mode to add a new one.  Having only one working transponder key is not a good idea, especially on a Toyota. 
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic