icon

an immobilizer bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tkmech21 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
I got the keys and got them cut and programmed, when trying to leard the bypass to the truck, the theft light flashes like it is not taking the code from the bypass.  I did as the instructions say, put a key in turn it on wait till theft light goes out, pull key and insert the other turn it on wait till theft light goes out, pull key and initiate the remote start by key fob, when I initiat the remote start the theft light just flahes as the remote start goes through its process, but it never turns over the starter.  Any help is appreciated, This system has proven tougher than my honda install.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  

You are using the 555P bypass?

Soldering is fun!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
The 555P is for PATS equipped vehicles. According to what I just read your truck is Securilock, not PATS. If your truck was a 2000 the 555P would work but since yours is 2001 it will not. You need a different bypass. The DEI 1100F can be had for around $15 and works perfectly.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
The 555P is for PATS equipped vehicles. According to what I just read your truck is Securilock, not PATS. If your truck was a 2000 the 555P would work but since yours is 2001 it will not. You need a different bypass. The DEI 1100F can be had for around $15 and works perfectly.
Ditto on that...IIRC from the Bypasskit technical info I've read, Ford actually switched the Ranger and Explorer from PATS to Securilock on July 24, 2000, so there are apparently some early 2001 models of either one which still used PATS. I've yet to ever see one, however.
If your keys look like this (the shape, not the logo), the truck's got PATS:
an immobilizer bypass - Page 2 -- posted image.
If they look like this, it's got Securilock:
an immobilizer bypass - Page 2 -- posted image.
As mentioned by the other posters, if you've got Securilock you'll need to use a different bypass - the 1100F or PKFM would work fine.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic