icon

Autopage RS-750lcd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bagley 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
I have been installing an Autopage RS-750lcd remote starter/alarm into my 2001 Ford F-150. All the connections seem to be complete except for the door switch sensing input and the dome light control input. The installation manual calls for the violet wire (H6/7) to be connected to the "common wire" for all positive door pins. Is this wire the BLACK/ blue wire in the driver's kickpanel, and if yes how would it be connected? Is this also the trigger for the dome light control output? Any help is greatly appricated.
Bagley
ppi_pwrd_alero 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Bagley:
You shouldn't need the positive door trigger for anything on that alarm. You'll use the negative door trigger - which was green or blue - check your maunal to be sure which since I dont remember. According to TechSoft, the door trigger should be a BLACK / YELLOW, and a BLACK/ pink wire. The BLACK / YELLOW catches the drivers door and the BLACK/ pink catches the passengers door. The wires are found in there respective door harnesses. On the Super Crew the rear door trigger is BLACK/ lt. blue low in the driver kick panel. Use all wires and diode isolate each. Each of them is a negative trigger, so they tie to the negative trigger on the alarm, using two diodes, the band of each facing AWAY from the brain.
As far as dome surveillance on that alarm, you will need a relay to do it. Hook it up as follows:
85: +12 volts
86: The alarm's domelight output - I can't remember what color it was since I did mine. It's in the book.
30: Ground
87: To either one of the door trigger wires, somewhere between the diode and the door, not between the diode and the alarm in other words...
The relay will provide a strong ground to the doorpin circuit and will turn the domelight on upon disarming. The alarm puts out a ground signal, but it is only a 'weak' (200 mA) one, so you must use a relay.
Hope this helps!
Bagley 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
I installed an Autopage RS-750lcd unit into my 2001 Ford F-150 recently. I connected the white parking light relay output wire from the unit to the brown wire leading from the light switch of the vehicle. This wire reads 12+ volts when the parking light is turned on and nothing when it is turned off. When the parking lights are activated by the unit the dash lights come on as well. I realize this is not good so I have discontinued use of the unit until I can fix the problem. Has anyone had a similar problem or know how to fix this one. Thanks as always.
      Bagley
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
if you tapped into the brown wire, then the dash lights will come on. the are on the same circuit.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Bagley 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing an Autopage RS-750lcd starter/alarm into a 2001 Ford F-150 and am having trouble with the tachometer signal connection. I have tried using both the wire that is not RED / green at any of the 8 ignition coils and also the WHITE/ pink wire that leads directly to the tachometer itself. These wires give readings of around 34 AC volts while the engine is running. The install manual says the the wire that connects to the tachometer signal input should read between 1 and 6 Volts. When I ran the RPM Learning test the LED and parking lights do not flash as they should if everything is OK. Does anyone know how to fix this so that it will work properly? Should I use the Voltage checking or Timer checking setting instead? Also, I am having trouble getting the driver's door priority unlock to work properly. Both doors will lock when arming the unit but will both unlock when disarming, even though the programming is set to Two step door unlock output. I have the pink wire conected to the pink/lt. blue wire leading from the Remote anti-theft personality module located behind the parking brake on the firewall. Is this the correct locatation. Thanks
Bagley
Bagley 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing an Autopage RS-750lcd starter/alarm into a 2001 Ford F-150 and am having trouble with the tachometer signal connection. I have tried using both the wire that is not RED / green at any of the 8 ignition coils and also the WHITE/ pink wire that leads directly to the tachometer itself. These wires give readings of around 34 AC volts while the engine is running. The install manual says the the wire that connects to the tachometer signal input should read between 1 and 6 Volts. When I ran the RPM Learning test the LED and parking lights do not flash as they should if everything is OK. Does anyone know how to fix this so that it will work properly? Should I use the Voltage checking or Timer checking setting instead? Also, I am having trouble getting the driver's door priority unlock to work properly. Both doors will lock when arming the unit but will both unlock when disarming, even though the programming is set to Two step door unlock output. I have the pink wire conected to the pink/lt. blue wire leading from the Remote anti-theft personality module located behind the parking brake on the firewall. Is this the correct locatation. Thanks
Bagley
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2003 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Use the Voltage sensing Mode, it actually works better than Tach mode, believe it or not.
I recommend not using the driver priority unlock feature, because it is really annoying on that particular unit. I know of three people who have gone through a bunch of problems installing that feature with the very same unit and they ended up disconnecting the feature since it was annoying. The second pulse takes too long to unlock the rest of the doors, and if you press the button twice quickly it wont even read the second press. You need to wait until the transmitter confirms the first unlock command before pressing again.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Coomer 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2003 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
jrilla wrote:
Use the Voltage sensing Mode, it actually works better than Tach mode, believe it or not.
How exactly does voltage sensing mode work? I have an Autopage RS-650 alarm on my car which has the same modes as the 750, and I'd like to know how voltage sensins mode works.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2003 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
It monitors the voltage on the power wires before and after the alternator kicks on and looks for a jump from about 12 volts to about 14 volts.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
felix100 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
What would be the right place to connect voltage sencing/ tach wire to have a system monitor start function of the vehicle?
f.r.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic