icon

h3 wiring and tach for honda accord 02

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lochuynh2700 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Honda Accord 2002 and i'm trying to install a Clifford Matrix 3.3.
So far for the Heavy gauge wires:
pink ignition- blk yellow
RED / white- hook with 12v (white)
orange accessory- yellow or WHITE/ black
violet starter- black white was cut to do the violet and green starter
green starter- "   "
red 12v- white
pink/white flex relay (default is ignition 2)- My honda doesn't have this wire so should i ignore it?
pnk/black flex relay (default is ignition 2)- my honda doesn't have this wire so should I ignore it?
RED / black fused 30a(for accessory and starter relays)-hook with 12volt(white)
for the tach-
I was trying to find the tach connector in my car and from the wiring diagram it's suppose to be behind the battery because my car is a 4 cylinder. I found the two pin connector and tried to test it with a multimeter but it doesn't run between 1v-6v, it was much higher. Where else can I find this tach connector? I'm not sure where the distributor coil is also because the tach is suppose to be there as well.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  

You will need the Pink/White for your accessory 2 if your accord has that.  The Pink/White comes defaulted as ignition 2 and you will have to change it to Accessory 2

AudioVox wiring for Tach:                NOTE: 4 CYLINDER-WHITE 31 PIN CONNECTOR E - PIN #25,  

Tachometer BLUE (AC) AT ECM

http://techservices.audiovox.com/TechnicalIndex.aspx   Sign up is Free for this link.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
lochuynh2700 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
I still can't find the tach. The only thing I found behind the battery is a two pin connector and it has a blue wire with a rubber boot. You think it's possible if you test the multimeter and set car to run, it'll show up 12v instead of between 1v-6v? I look around the distributor coil but it doesn't have the blue wire either.
Tachometer     blue           tach test connector
Notes: The tach test connector is located behind the battery on the 4 cylinder, and on a bracket attached to the drivers side strut tower on the 6 cylinder motor. The tach test connector is a white 2 pin connector, and may be covered by a black rubber boot.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

Well, test it without the car running, see if it has any voltage.  If none, test it with the car running for any voltage.

You could also try an uncommon colored wire at the injectors.

lochuynh2700 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply.
When I tested the wires with the car not running, it shows up 0 and with the car running it shows up 12volts. This isn't the 12volt constant wire. So do you think this is the tach wire?
smokeman1 
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
I would say no.  Try finding an uncommon color at one of the fuel injectors and test that for a tach signal. 1~6 volts.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
It's a blue wire, right hand engine bay loom taped to this loom, goes to a blue two way plug with one blue wire in it. Located between suspension tower and bulkhead.
Did you set your DMM to AC or DC?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
I should have added you can only test it with the engine running for obvious reasons.
And the answer to my question above is AC 3-6VAC.
lochuynh2700 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
would this be the tach connector?h3 wiring and tach for honda accord 02 -- posted image.
smokeman1 
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Did you test it with a DMM as suggested by Howie II  ?? 
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic