icon

2010 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ayalja123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so installed a r/s on this truck yesterday but i had a problem finding the parking light. I know the wire color is PURPLE / white, but i couldn't find it by the kick pannel. So i whent to the headlight switch nob and i started testing wires and i thought i found the right one. Well when i connected to this wire it sparked even though when i tested it was at 12v when i turn the light on. So here is the problem i lost control of the headlights, can't shut them off, can't turn on fog light, but the headlight will stay on for about 10min then shut down by them selfs. I think is the nob that i have to replace. what do you guys think?. oh yeah i did cheked the fuse

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

There is a burnt trace on the circuit board mounted to the rear of the switch assembly.  Remove the switch, remove the 3 screws from the back of the switch.   Remove the back cover and then remove the circuit board.  Inspect closely, the trace that burns is tiny. 

Just noticed the vehicle year.  The above instructions are for the 07/08 era.  I am sure you have the same problem, I am just not familiar with the switch in the newer vehicles.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

That is a known problem with Fords.  Do a search on it.  I heard those light switch control boards were on national back order awhile ago... 

The best way to do the Parking Lights on the 2010 F150 is to go right to the SJB.  The SJB is in the Passenger Kick Panel.  Look for a Gray 13 Pin connector ( Plug E, second one down on the right side ). It is a (+)PURPLE / White wire at Pin 6.

Soldering is fun!
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
This is a simple repair.  Simply find the open trace and solder a small jumper wire across the break in the trace.
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
yeah no wonder i couln't find the sjb, i was looking for it on driver side. thanks
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
on the back of the switch there is no visible board. this switch just pops out no screws
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Did you just pull the knob off of the switch, or did you remove the entire switch assembly?
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
the entire assembly
i am an idiot 
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
There may be no screws in the newer ones.  Do you see any way to remove the back cover?  Maybe plastic clips,  can you take pictures of the assembly?
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
nah i can't take a picture the car is in CT and i'm in NY but from what i remember is a full plastic assembly no clips or screws. I think my friend is going to get the part on monday and hopefully replacing it will do the trick. thanks for the help everyone
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic