icon

factory alarm disarm with remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  

i have a question regarding the factory alarm disarm topic.

1. do you really have to hook this wire up?

2. dont most vehicles disarm the factory alarm when the car is started?

**i know that you only need to hook this up if the car has a factory alarm and also that on cars like a volvo the keysense wire disarms the alarm (most of them).

I am doing a remote start on a 2005 nissan titan and i am not sure if it has factory alarm or not i will find out when i get to it but if it does the wire will be located in the door which is a painn in the u know what...

3. Also there is a Key sense wire in this titan Key Sense:

Color: RED / blue to BLACK/ red+      Location: ign harn or BCM R of column, pin 37

is this connection required to allow remote start of the vehicle like in a volvo?

any input on this will be highly appreciated thanks!!!

crazziazz 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of alarm
sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
4113 avital remote start with a pk09 sorry shouldve said i was doing a remote start
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2011 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
To your question about whether or not you really need disarm, it depends on the vehicle and what system you are installing. There are too many variables to cover in a single post. Some vehicles will allow you to remote start the vehicle without setting off the factory alarm if you remote start within a few seconds of pressing lock on the factory remote, so using that 4113 without the remotes and just doing a lock/lock setup would probably not require hooking up FAD. Also keep in mind that even if the tech sheet lists a factory alarm it doesn't mean that all of them have it. Test for it before you do your bench-prep. To save yourself the headache of having to add stuff you may not need.
To avoid going in the door, you can add wires to empty slots at the BCM in that 05 Titan...in the 40 pin connector, Pin 13 is Lock/Arm, Pin 14 is Disarm/Unlock. First pulse will disarm alarm, second pulse would unlock all doors. Since you're doing the 4113 just run the GREEN/ black to Pin 14 and be done with it.
I am pretty sure you should not need keysense on that Titan.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
ok cool, so if i where to do this remote start with the oem remotes using lock double pulsed to start the car i would just connect blue remote start activation wire from the avital 4113 to the lock/arm Pin 13  on the BCM and program the avital for double pulse activation?
sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  

or should i use the lock motor wire going to the bcm?

Lock Motor   purple   5wi   BCM to right of column, pin 65

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
I can tell you for fact that the RS will disarm the factory alarm on a Titan truck on it's own. All it needs to see is ignition for this. Keysense is not needed either....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic