icon

passlock 2 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luckyj 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

I bought a command start for my 2003 GMC 2500 from Canadian Tire.  I also bought a bypass for the Passlock 2 system.  I wired in the bypass (xpresskit pljx) and when I programmed it, it seemed to read the resistor properly (the lights blinked exactly the way the instructions said they would).  However, when I hook up the command start and attempt to start the truck with it, the truck will start but only run for a second and then shut off.  This truck is a base model (no power locks/windows and no alarm) but is there something in the key that is making this not work?  I have read about a transponder but am pretty sure my key does not have a chip in it.

If anyone has any idea what might not be working, I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
you have not programmed tach
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
graywire 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I have a question:

I just installed an Avital 4103 car starter/keyless entry to my 2000 Chevy Impala, now everything works according to instructions except for engine start, I believe this is because of the factory passlock II, I checked the vehicle wiring diagram but I can't find where exactly to add a relay and resistor to bypass it.

Anyway I ordered a xk01 bypass module and I was observing the install guide, it says I only need to connect the 4 wire harness and purple wire to OBDII purple wire to start the engine via the remote starter transmiter. Is this really all I need to do to bypass the factory anti theft device? Where do I connect the purple wire from the 4103 (tach signal) to ignition coil white wire or to xk01?

Thanks. 

Millenium Chevy Impala.
luckyj 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

The remote starter I have has an automatic tach learning feature (I also have the tach wire attached to the back of the gauge cluster).  According to the remote starter it learned the tach but I could be wrong.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  

never heard of canadiantire selling command starts. are you sure its not prostart?

if its a prostart you will need to manually program your tach

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  

To Graywire: 

The XK01 flashed with AMDL V6.0 firmware will handle the Passlock2 and everything else listed in the chart with just the one connection to the OBD2 connector. (  I still don't trust D2D, so I make all the W2W connections. )   The XK01 does not output a Tach signal so the 4103s' tach wire should be connected to the White wire at the ignition coil.

Soldering is fun!
luckyj 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

It is a prostart.  I will look into the tach wire tonight to ensure a solid connection and I will manually program it.  Is there anything I have to do with the key in order to bypass the passlock/transponder or will the bypass module I bought (xpresskit mentioned above) do everything I need to do?

Thanks for the help.

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
To luckyj:
The DEI PLJX will only handle the Passlock2.  Follow the wiring on page 6 and the programming / strapping on page 7 of the install guide. 
Soldering is fun!
luckyj 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a bypass for the transponder or is it easier to wrap wire around a second key?
kreg357 
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

The 2003 GMC Sierra pickup truck has the Passlock2 immobilizer system.  The DEI PLJX will bypass that OK.  The key does not have a transponder chip.

If you are having problems with the remote start, are there any security type lights on the dash?  Did the system Tach learn OK?  Does the ProStart have a Tachless Mode you can switch to and try?

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic