icon

passlock 2 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luckyj 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
The tach has both manual and auto learn modes.  Can the tach wire be attached to the cluster behind the dash (white wire) or is it better to run it to the engine?  From what I can tell so far, when I go through the tach learning procedures, the prostart module "clicks" the appropriate number of times once I run through the programming steps.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  

Keeping the Tach wire inside has its' advantages.  Do a search on it.  I believe there are a few posts on

the easy way to locate / reach the wire behind the cluster.

Here is a note from Bulldog for the Tach signal:

TACH  WHITE   @ PCM, GREEN PLUG PIN 36, See NOTE *3 
 NOTE *3 The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is located in the LEFT FRONT of the engine compartment
 to the left of the fan shroud. On DIESELS the TACH wire is at the BLACK PLUG, PIN 55 and on the hybrid
 models the tach wire is in a GREEN PLUG PIN 35

If the ProStart is capable, any un-common color wire at any Fuel Injector should work also.

Soldering is fun!
graywire 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you for your reply Kreg357

Ok I'm going to try D2D first and if it does not work I'll do W2W. I ran the PURPLE / white wire to the ignition plug (white wire) in the engine comp. I hope the  Avital 4103 reads the signal, If it does I'll just have to deal with passlock II but the xk01 should take care of that.

Millenium Chevy Impala.
luckyj 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Mine turned out to be a bad connection on the resistor wire for the passlock.  Thanks for the help.  One quick question...the odd time (one in every ten maybe), I go out to my vehicle after command starting it and the passlock light is showing on the dash.  However, the truck is running.  If I shut the command start off and start it with the key, it does not re-appear.  Any ideas?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

I use iDatalink modules and have not seen that problem.  Could be a less than perfect connection.

Verify all your connections are well soldered and the remotes starts' ground wire is good.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic