converting polarity issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
tonanzith wrote:
Those two wires are both NEGATIVE inputs on that module. One goes to the - status output from the remote start and the accessory input wire which should be ORANGE / black should go to the orange wire from the remote starts auxiliary harness. This is NOT the thicker orange ground when armed wire from the main harness but the thinner orange one in the 5 pin auxiliary harness that also has a pink/white, violet, pink and blue wire in the harness.
yes i know that, that is how i have them connected and that is why the remote start announcements are working correctly.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
OK for anyone who might care, i think i finally figured out what was going on with my voice module acting up. I was looking through my viper install manual at some of the options that you can program, and this is one of the options : 3-13 Anti-Grind: On (1) OFF (2): With the anti-grind On (default) the ground when-armed output is active during remote start operation. This activates the starter kill relay and prevents the customer from re-cranking the car with the key, when doing key takeover. If accessories such as a voice module or window module are added to the unit, it may be necessary to use the two-chirp setting to program this feature OFF.
SO, this means that the GWA wire was putting out a ground while the remote start was activated, and that made the voice module think that the car was still armed. This is why the voice module worked correctly when the car was off and was acting weird while it was running via remote start.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Haha, I believe someone might have mentioned something about that in this thread!
Good to know I'm not crazy and that you figured it out!
Kevin Pierson
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
yea thats what got me thinking to look at the manual and make sure, thanks KP, hey i tried sending you a pm but your inbox was full, that was a week or so ago, is it still full?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
It's cleaned out now, sorry about that!
Kevin Pierson
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic