r/s 07 mazda 3, unlock when remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
tdub wrote:
i tried for a 10 minutes today to get my "alarm" to go off, couldn't.... i did what you mentioned also... hopefully i will be good to go....
I tested both the wires for arm/disarm and all checked out.... do all the doors open on unlock with your viper system or do you still press twice? also do the dome lights come on? I noticed you didn't have to hook that wire up either.... I can't figure that part out, will it be the same as the oem keyfob?
yea i didnt think you would find that you had an "alarm". Yes all the doors open with one push on my viper, and yes the domelights come on automatically when I unlock using the viper, that is because I have the lock and unlock wires from the viper connected to the factory arm and disarm wires, which also control the domelight.
tdub 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, the only wire I cannot find is the horn wire, directwire says black at horn switch, I cant see the horn switch and don't want to set off air bag
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
check out my write up, i tell you where to find it in there, along with every other wire you could possibly need
tdub 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
your write up was very helpful, the only problem with it is that i am installing a remote start only no security so i don't need any other wires on the passenger side of the vehicle so i thought it would be easier to just get it at the ignition harness
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
it will probably be more trouble than its worth, it isnt too difficult to snake a wire behind the cigarette lighter, just two little plastic push connectors to take out. Then voila, youre wire is right there at the PJB. But if you prefer to try to get at it near the ignition harness, good luck. I am sure you can eventually find it but it might not be easy.
tdub 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tips, they are very much appreciated!!!
I found it though in the ignition harness black wire that goes to the yellow plug!!
Thanks again, I hope now that I have found all the connections that I need to make!!
I will be installing it today when they UPS driver gets here and report back with any problems I encounter....
tdub 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
well i just wanted to check back.....
UPS got here at 5:00 with my package after going through all the boxes and un-packaging it I began to install....
Well a few hours later and I have it all hooked up and IT WORKS!!! everything seems to work, had a little trouble programing the PKFM, had to do it twice, but it works now, the first crank after i programmed it the security light flashed but on the second attempt it cranked right up
Tomorrow I will be putting all the panels back on and connecting the solenoid to open the trunk... didn't have it from the factory so this will be nice!!
Just want to say thanks again for all the input and help!!!!
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
nice, always good when stuff goes good on the first try. Is your car a sedan? I hope so because i couldnt get my hatch popper to work after multiple attempts.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
aftermarkey trunk solenoids are a PITA to fit properly. The best/fastest way is to go to a local junk and find the trunk releasemodule from a mazda of same model/make and just retrofit it inplace.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
no i wasnt trying to install an aftermarket popper, my car is a hatchback and the factory wire that is supposed to activate the hatch popper is what i could not get to work.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic