Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, i'll try that.
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2011 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Finally got everything wired and working. Right now I have the 507m tilt sensor hooked up to the blue instant trigger wire of the alarm but haven't hooked up the trunk trigger. Would it work if I hooked up the trunk trigger and 507m tilt sensor to the same blue instant trigger wire?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2011 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, diode isolate.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2011 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:
Yes, diode isolate.
Also, would the same icon and message appear on my remote if either the tilt or trunk sensor is triggered? If so, is there a way to make it so that a different icon and warning message shows up for each sensor?
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2011 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Got the trunk trigger hooked up and both the tilt and trunk triggers show up as the same icon... makes sense since the instant trigger wire on the remote starter was for the trunk.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2011 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you are correct.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
So I seem to be having a problem with my remote starter. On very cold days (-15 degrees C~), the car will crank continuously but won't start almost as if there is no fuel reaching the injectors but would start every time if I had the key in the ignition (just plugged in); this led me to suspect it was the bypass issue. The part that is confusing me is that when the car does not start, the green immobilizer key icon on the dashboard is not blinking indicating that the bypass module seems to be working...or is it?
Just this morning the remote start function did not work and all the car did was crank but would not start. I tried the remote start another 3-4 tries with the same result. As soon as I put the key into the ignition, the remote start function works perfectly and did so for the next few tries (until I removed the key).
I am currently using tach sense so I don't think there is any issue with that. All my connections to the ignition harness are soldered too.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Use a wired tach, works better at low temps., blue to rear of instrument panel or should be in engine bay loom terminating in a grey plug taped to the loom behind the suspension strut. Don't forget to reprogramme your unit.
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I mean't to say that I am using the tach wire and have the remote starter programmed to use tach mode and not the default option virtual tach.
raigen18 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Pretty certain it's the PKH34 module that's causing the problems. I pulled the module out and left it in the freezer for an hour to simulate cold weather than plugged it back in. As I suspected, the starter would crank but the engine wouldn't turn over. Tried this several times and the same thing happened. I than used a blow dryer to warm up the module and this time the remote start worked perfectly; I also tried it several more times just to be sure. Now to get this thing exchanged...viper 5901 in 2003 honda civic coupe - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic