icon

’05 chevy pu prestige 997a rs problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stalkingbutler 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Presige APS 997a RS in my 2005 Chevy ext.cab truck.
I'm using an Omega DB-GMDL-BP to interface the truck.
This is my 1st car alarm/RS.
But not my 1st time installing devices. I install commercial alarm systems/access control/electronic Locks.
This all seems pretty straightforward, but I'm a little confused with some of the wiring.
The alarm is in, and I got the door lock unlock part working fine. but the alarm wont trigger when the door is opened and alarm is armed.
And the truck wont auto start
The module is programmed for type 4.
From the Omega:
Brown.. -neg ground output while running. (this gets the lt. blue -neg output from alarm?)
Pink/white.. door trigger output (this goes to brown -neg door trigger input to alarm?)
Pink.. dome light input from vehicle (this should get the grey/black from the door module in drivers door?)
Also, I'm tapped onto the white wire coming off the back of the tach for the tach wire. But, I get no feedback when trying to "learn" the tach.
I'm almost there, just need a little advice.
Anyone?
jeremytravis 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

Is there a troubleshooting section in the install manual for the RS? With some RS/alarms systems it will indicate the problem by flashing the parking lights a certain amount of times, then look it up in the manual and it will say the problem. If not you will have to go over all your wiring again, like your neutral safety wire, hoodpin wire ect... And check your RS/alarm system programing, it is very important that everything is programed properly, you normally have to change some settings like your transmission settings, tach settings ect... 

**advanced mecp certified
stalkingbutler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
There is a troubleshooting portion. Which doesn't seem to work right now.
   I performed the steps exactly, and I can't seem to get into programming. ----(do I need to connect the alarm to the park lights? or will the Integration module do this?)
   I've connected what seems obvious, and to the wiring that I know.
I'm having trouble with the wiring explained in my first post specifically.
And not real sure what all I really NEED to connect to get this all working.
And, it doesn't seem like the worksheets that come with the two devices are very helpful in how to connect to each other.
Specifically the Omega DB GMDL-BP.
I'm pretty good with alarms, stereo, automotive.
But, this thing is really kicking my ass.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
the gmdl-bp will not do the parking lights.
it will do the passlock 2 and doorlocks and thats it
stalkingbutler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Monty,
I'll wire directly to the park lights, so I can get the feedback for the alarm troubleshooting. I thought that device (GM-DB) did a little more. I'll need to figure out some of the direct wiring connections then. (Dome light, door trigger, etc.) and whether or not I need to diode isolate. I also see some on here recommending soldered connections. I will do that after I'm sure I have everything connected up right. My stereo is all soldered, the alarm should be too.
monty_77 
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
if i remember right the gmdl-bp will have the trigger for the doors (front doors)
here i will email you something this should help
stalkingbutler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, that looks good.
Thanks a lot.
It's been raining here, I'm about to get back on it.
Will I need to diode isolate on these connections?
monty_77 
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
you should not have to diode isolate the triggers from the gmdlbp unless you are using that trigger wire for more than door triggers that wire.
stalkingbutler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Got it all connected. Remote start was starting and then dying. I'll need to figure out which wire to keep it running.
monty_77 
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
will it take over if you start it with the key. then remote start and then turn key off and remove.
if it stays running then its the bypass if not check your tach wire
did you hook up a tach wire or voltage sensing. i don't trust that voltage sensing
On an 05 chevy you can get the tach behind the cluster its a white wire.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic