icon

530t window module on 09 mazdaspeed 3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
Alright I am going to be installing two 530t units on my 09 mazdaspeed 3. It looks like I will have to dremel out a section of the plastic wire plugs in my doors to get all four of the wires I will need into each door. I am going to install one module on each side of the car, the module on the drivers side will control the windows on that side of the car, and obviously the one on the passenger side will control the passenger side windows. I am doing that to keep wire lengths down to a minimum.
The first thing I am wondering about is this, I want to use the same aux channel to control both modules, that is I want all four windows to move together instead of tying two of the windows to aux 1, and the other two to aux 2. I plan on just hooking up my aux 1 output from my 5901 to both units' aux inputs. I don't see that being an issue do any of you?
Next question, if I run the necessary wires into each of my four doors, it should give me one touch up and down operation on each window. Will this only be possible from the switch located on that door? Or will I also be able to use the one touch feature from my master set of switches located on the driver's door?
Thanks,
Scott
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
No problems with how you want to do it, one aux should trigger both, I've done it that way, if not relay boost the signal!
aux to 85
12v+ constant 3 amp fused to 86
Good ground to 87 and
530 trigger wire from 30
If you go to each pair of motor wires in each door, you will have "one shot" up and down from both main and satellite switches.
Read the instructions!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Just a couple of extra thoughts, good ground essential, if necessary, run the power feeds direct to the battery, using a thicker gauge cable and fuse at the battery.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie, I am going to use a factory ground like the manual says to do. I have read it several times but I did not see anywhere where it mentioned if I would have one touch control on both the switches or not.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
In theory you could mount
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry I screwed up. In theory you could mount both motors in the driver's door...but space, water ingress and drilling out those mustard connectors aside, if you connect before the satellite switches you lose the one touch up down on all bar the driver's window which might already have that, the Fiesta (same car) already has one touch down in the UK.
If you set up as you originally planned, mount each unit in each kick panel you will have one touch up and down on
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
Bloody done it again 530t window module on 09 mazdaspeed 3 -- posted image. last line should have read "you will have one touch up AND down on all the switches, main and satellite."
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
MUSTARD connectors? C'mon moderators this is censorship gone mad!
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
yea i think i am gonna go through the extra pain of running the wires through each door so i can have one touch on each one of them. Its a pretty nice feature to add in my opinion.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
lmao at mustard connectors. What did you originally write? molex?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic