only warn away with dei shock sensor?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Isn't Amazon always positive?
I don't know which are reliable, I just know the number triggered by my car, certain motorbikes, and various other things - like thunder, wind, .....
But my alarms tend to be silent (NEVER any chirps etc except for high internal (cabin) and external dB about 10 seconds after entry triggering.
And I never use voltage detection (I use the door etc switches direct) nor ultrasonic etc. Microwave yes.
Tilt switches maybe - but only for the remote alert (not siren).
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
On G4 Cliffords one model over here had a glass break AND a dual zone prox. After discovering on the first few (actually 2) installs that the prox's outer zone triggered the glass break we had to turn down the glass break 'till it was useless!
As for tilts, the original 507T was useless, leave the car on level ground for 1 minute, the alarm would trigger off.
The current 507M is better but I cut BOTH loops.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
And you take notes of what Amazon, who are after all in the business of selling you something say? Try asking installers.
Sorry for me it's only a (properly adjusted or as you called it calibrated) 508d.
wpegden 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
oldspark wrote:
Isn't Amazon always positive?
But my alarms tend to be silent (NEVER any chirps etc except for high internal (cabin) and external dB about 10 seconds after entry triggering.
And I never use voltage detection (I use the door etc switches direct) nor ultrasonic etc. Microwave yes.
Tilt switches maybe - but only for the remote alert (not siren).
Thanks for all the replies guys. I too have my alarm wired directed to door switches (some of which I had to retrofit). I feel like I made a mistake by injecting issues about which sensors are worthwhile into the discussion, though.
My main goal at this point is to find out if its possible to have a warn-away only shock sensor reponse with the 991. Is this really impossible with the internal sensor? Not to sound skeptical but it seems like such a natural feature (almost like it should be the default behavior). Otherwise, can I disable the internal sensor and replace it with an external one which I could use only with warn-away?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Except that to disable the internal sensor, you're going to have to open up the unit, bench it to find the right track, break the track etc, then....good luck with any warrantee.
wpegden 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Except that to disable the internal sensor, you're going to have to open up the unit, bench it to find the right track, break the track etc, then....good luck with any warrantee.
I think I could just turn the sensitivity all the way down on the internal sensor.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that will probably do although I think you will loose the external warn away unless you can adjust inner and outer zones separately. Check the install manual.
Ref. retrofitting switches.
That should be normal practice, especially early 90s Euro Fords and ALL Hondas with the expensive slide switches adjacent to the door shuts.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic