icon

01 olds alero, remote start, bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
calhouncm 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I am rather new to remote start installations. 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. I have a Crimestopper RS-7 remote start unit and a Fortin INT-SL+ bypass. Without the bypass connected I can start the vehicle and then it shuts off as it would without a bypass connected. With the bypass connected it still shuts off. I am not sure that I have bypass wired correctly. According to installation information for the bypass the only required hookups is a purple wire that goes to my vehicles pin 2 of the OBD2 connector which I have hooked up. The second wire off the bypass is a pink wire that goes to "ignition" according to the installation data. Right now I have that connected to the Pink wire off the ignition switch harness that has +12V. Is there possibly a different ignition wire they are talking about that I should have this connected to?
When I try to go through the programming steps the bypass doesn't seem to program. The steps I am following are first to hold the programming button down. Then plug in connector 1(databus link) this gives the bypass power and the led lights up steady, next I connect connector 2, then I put the key in and turn to ignition. The LED is supposed to flash rapidly which does not happen.
Any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you
calhouncm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
To add in this I just tried changing the pink wire coming off from the bypass to the green wire coming off the ignition switch harness since it is labeled as Ignition switch #2 but that did not help in my programming attempt. The wires I am trying to hook to off the ignition switch the pink and green wires were labeled ignition #1 and ignition #2 and are both 12 gauge wires, just wondering if these are the correct ones to be connecting the bypass to?
brandonz 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Instead of just going to the on position when programming the module, try starting the vehicle instead.
calhouncm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
I just tried this and for some reason it still never starts flashing when I start the vehicle.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

The thick Pink wire is Ignition 1. 

Any chance you are plugging connector 2 on the Fortin INT-SL+ upside down?

Soldering is fun!
calhouncm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
I am pretty sure that connector 2 is being plugged in correctly. I will check it out in the morning to be completely sure. I had read in the Fortin instructions that connector 2 can easily be plugged in backwards so I had watched on the connector how it needed to be plugged in but it never hurts to double check. I will update in the morning after I check it out.
Thanks for the reply
calhouncm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
I double checked the plug and I have been connecting it the correct way.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
You need to power both the 1st and 2nd ignition.
calhouncm 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
1st and 2nd ignition are both powered by the remote start, the bypass is just connecting into ignition.
I put in a support ticket at Fortins website and the answer was to keep going between key off/ignition/start and keep cycling, that ended up getting it into programming mode and it is working now.
Thanks everyone for the input.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have never had good luck with the INT-SL bypass. You might just have a defective unit. Are you connected in D2D mode??
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic