icon

python 580 remote starter, 06 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thaan 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I have a python model 580 remote start system that i want to install in my 06 camry. Is there a place to purchase wiring T harnesses to make the install easier, if so can you provide the part numbers of the harnesses and any other items needed to install the system in my car. Also I need nstallation instructions.
Thank you.
thaan
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

Get you DMM out and start testing wires.  Go to the downloads section of this site and get the install manual for the Viper 5301. It is the same as the 580.

Link:  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

Wiring diagrams are only guides so you must test and verify the wires of your car before connecting any of the harness.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  

Bulldog Security is a company that makes T-Harnesses for certain popular vehicles.  They are specific to the vehicle and their brand of remote starters.  They can be modified to work with other brands of remotes starters.  Unfortunately, they do not list a T-Harness for the 2006 Toyota Camry.

As smokeman suggests, use the wire listing as a guide and verify all your connections with a Digital Multi Meter.  The car has two Starter wires and two Ignition wires so you will need an extra 30/40 Amp SPDT relay with 20 Amp in-line fuse to power the extra Starter circuit.   The Python 580 can be configured to supply the required two Ignition outputs.

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
Also in the downloads section is the install manual for the Viper 5701. In that manual, starting on page 13, is a section on how to locate and test the wires you need.  12 Volts Constant, Ignition, Accessory, Starter,...ect...ect.  Also use the search feature of this web site for your year/model of car and info for the Python 580/Viper 5301.  Questions you might have could be in another thread.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
thaan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2011 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you.
thaan
thaan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a python 580 remote start in my 2006 toyota camry and just wondering if i need to install an immobilizer bypass module also. If so will this one work? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009SUEZE/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0003NF60I&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=16KJSC9T61MKEKG6V77P
Thanks for your help.
thaan
jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

You can use that module but you would lose a key. I recommend the http://http://shop./i.html?_nkw=idatalink+ads+tb+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=idata+link+ads+tb&_rdc=1

Its the idatalink ADS Tb module only one key needed to program very easy to install. You have to get it flashed for your vehicle, i know one seller from ebay does that for 5.00 bucks.

No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for not giving you a little more info. Its like 40 bucks,if you put into consideration what you pay for a key to get it programed to youre car your going to end up paying more if you go with the key in a box module. Also im not to comfortable with a key being in my car all the time.
No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
thaan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the answer, but the keys that I have for the camry don't look different from my house key. In other words It doesn't look like the key is the transponder type. Do I even need a bypass module?
thaan
thaan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2006 camry that I am installing a remote starter in. Can someone tell me if i need an immobilizer bypass module. The key for the camry looks no different than my house key, in other words I don't think it is a transponder type key. Do I still need to install a bypass module?
Thank you.
thaan
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic