icon

mazda 6 speed edition wont start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

ive been installing remote starts for 5 years and ive never run into this-  2006 mazda 6 speed edition (turbo/leather, proximity key-not push to start)  re-installing an older 3000  model (?)compustar alarm start combo.  ive done several mazda 6's before with no trouble (regular key). i set up an idatalink ads tb module for the bypass and flashed with the latest fm firmware.  i tried to program it, and it wouldnt program.  now the car wont recognize any of the 3 keys.  the key symbol on the dash just flashes constantly and car wont crank.  i pulled the bypas out and reset to factory wiring with the same problem.   i reviewed my wiring and realized i had the WHITE/ red and WHITE/ black wires reversed, but datalinks tech support assured me that wouldnt damage anything anyways, it would just not program.  we verified power and ground at the pats module at the key cylinder, and i tested all fuses in the car and under hood and they all seem good.  it appears all the keys have been cleared from the cars memory? 

also- i cant seem to get the doorlocks to work.  i found a blue wire in the keyles module above passenger kick, and it tests negative with door switch but doesnt lock/ unlock when pulsed negative (relays with a ground for lock/ 1000 ohm resistor for unlock)     is this car different from the mazda 6 or am i just losing it?  i think the door lock module is different because of the proximity key but cant find any mazda speed tech info related to door locks, just idatalinks bypass info      thanks    

(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2011 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
I do know that Mazda 6s of that era had a sort of "rolling code" for the keys. If one new key is coded it changes the code for the rest of the keys. A locksmith told me this when he came to our shop to code a key for a 09 mazda 6. You may need to get the car to the dealer or a locksmith to recode the keys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic