icon

python 1400xp strange issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dave11o11 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone! I was wondering if you guys could help me out? I have a python 1400xp keyless entry/ remote start that isn't working properly. It was installed by Circuit City 4 years ago and hasn't given me issues until the past month.
The system is installed in my 2005 Ford Ranger FX4 w/ an automatic transmission and factory keyless entry.
The problem:
The python 1400xp remote starts key fob does not control the system without my truck parking lamps or headlights turned on. When my truck lights are off the system does absolutely nothing. However, as soon as I flip on the parking lights I have full control of the phython system via the key fob (lock, unlock, remote start). This is very strange. It seems like this may be a programming/ software glitch?
Are there any steps I could take to try and solve this issue? Is there anyway to "reset" the python 1400xp?
I've been all over the internet trying to figure this out but haven't come up with any info.
Thanks!
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

sounds to me like the main fuse might be blown .. on the red wire.

even if it looks good ...replace it and see if it helps.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

when working correctly, the red wire feeds (through the brain) the white wire for parking light flash.

my theory on your problem is that with the red wire fuse being blown the brain is dead until you turn the parks on. then you are (back) feeding 12volts back to the brain through the white parklight wire.

yuk
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
depending on what parking light polarity they used it oculd be either your ground broke off at the crimp or something along those lines, or that a fuse blew like osmeone else stated.
have it looke at if you are unfamiliar with this stuff.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
dave11o11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
itsyuk wrote:

when working correctly, the red wire feeds (through the brain) the white wire for parking light flash.

my theory on your problem is that with the red wire fuse being blown the brain is dead until you turn the parks on. then you are (back) feeding 12volts back to the brain through the white parklight wire.

Thanks for the reply. So I wonder how the fuse could have blown? Is it common for these units to blow fuses? Where would this fuse be located, inside the "brain" or is it an inline?
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
inline on the unit. sometimes circuit city would run constant power straight to the battery. might want to check there othewise you can pop off your panels under the steering wheel and it'll be pretty obvious where the fuses are.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

its inline with the red wire from the brain. the fuse holder is probably white.

yuk
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

sometimes when they blow you will never figure out why. if the new fuse pops, then we have a bigger problem.

what other stuff has been added to the system besides the 1400 its self?

yuk
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  

if you know the exactly when the whole thing happened, tell us what was going on the with the vehicle ...

like was it running under remote start and you hooked a trailer up and it happened .... or whatever.

the fuse is most likely a 15 amp. blue.

yuk
dave11o11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
itsyuk wrote:

sometimes when they blow you will never figure out why. if the new fuse pops, then we have a bigger problem.

what other stuff has been added to the system besides the 1400 its self?

The system as in my truck or an upgrade to the 1400xp? A couple years back I hardwired in sat radio and two years back I hardwired in a cb radio to the truck. Everything has worked flawlessly together and since I installed all that stuff I know I properly wired, fused, and followed recommended installation practices.
A side note... When I have my parking/headlights on and I go to remote start the truck. It'll start fine... but then if I turn my parking lights off while the truck is running (without the key in the on position in the truck) the engine will cut out. It's the same as if you were to hit the brake without the keys in the on position in the truck. The catch is now, if I flip my parking lights on, the engine will start back up again (after I had previously flipped the lights off while the truck was running).
Don't know if this helps but I'de like to give you guys all the info on this issue. Thanks again for the replys.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic