python 1400xp strange issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dave11o11 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
itsyuk wrote:

if you know the exactly when the whole thing happened, tell us what was going on the with the vehicle ...

like was it running under remote start and you hooked a trailer up and it happened .... or whatever.

the fuse is most likely a 15 amp. blue.

At the beginning of the month this was intermittent. I noticed I couldn't activate my truck via the key fob. After normal driving around I park the truck and go to lock it up (via key fob) and the key fob worked again.
It may very well be a ground or fuse, but before hopping on these forums, to me it seemed like I confused the system somehow. After some sort of sequence of daily driving through the applications of turning over the truck, applying brakes, turning on headlights, the problem appeared to solve itself. Now luck isn't on my side and it hasn't worked for weeks.
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

instead of a fuse problem ... it sounds like a bad connection (probably on the power wire) that is getting worse as time goes by.

if CC did the install, i think any dei dealer should be able to fix it under warranty.

i hope someone will chime in and confirm or deny this.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
itsyuk wrote:

instead of a fuse problem ... it sounds like a bad connection (probably on the power wire) that is getting worse as time goes by.

if CC did the install, i think any dei dealer should be able to fix it under warranty.

i hope someone will chime in and confirm or deny this.

nope that is false.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  

i hope you are responding to the CC/warranty statement....LOL

yuk
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
dave11o11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Well even though its 8 degrees outside, I'm going to take a look at the python unit today. I'll check the fuse out and look for any loose connections. I'll get back to you guys with what I've found.
dave11o11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I found out three things...
1. It's way too cold outside to mess around with the python wiring.
2. Circuit City did a lousy job wiring up this unit (electrical tape was used for many wire connections which may be the cause of my problem). They never mounted the red led or valet button, the horn isn't hooked up to the system so I never get a confirmation honk when I lock the truck, and the dome light output isn't hooked up. I knew about a lot of these issue way back when but I felt like venting about them now lol.
3. The fuses are fine. It is definitely a wire connection problem. One wire in particular that I moved around had an effect and I was able to once again use my key fob. For the time being my remote start is working fine. I'm thinking when it warms up I'll systematically go through the wiring for my unit and properly solder and heat shrink the connections.
Thanks for the help guys! The attached pictures is the mess I have to deal with eventually. Note that my trailer brake controller wiring is visible in the pics so that adds to the mess.
python 1400xp strange issue - Page 2 -- posted image.
dave11o11 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
I accidentally attached the blurry picture of the 1400xp unit. This should be a better one.
In my previous post the first picture is me pointing to the wire I moved around that made my remote start work. Where you see the white zip tie near the bottom of the picture the red wire is connected to a small gauge brown wire and the connection is taped up with electircal tape (no idea why the red wire is hooked to the brown since the brown is supposedly the (-)horn honk). The red wire then gets tapped (what I'm pointing to) and is split into the black wire which goes into the python unit.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

if you use a trailer, you probably ought to change the parking light wire to the "neg" version and use a relay to flash the lights.

the first picture you posted shows the biggest no-no. looks like you have some work to do.

its a shame to pay good money for sub-par work.

yuk
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic