the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 f250 diesel cc al 1810 edp, pkall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
I am certain you DO have the factory alarm. What you will not have is the GREEN/ purple wire that Bulldog is telling you about...so it would not be as simple as tapping into a single wire to disarm. The only method I am aware of for disarming the factory alarm is to energize ignition and supply transponder information...as the diagram shows. If you find that you do have a factory disarm wire in that PURPLE / green please post your findings back here to the forum.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
dafaic 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  

So how does this work?  On this system you hold down the arm&disarm button at the same time to start the start sequence.  Why would the alarm cycle the unlock output during an armed start sequence? 

I guess since the GWR is connected to a diode isolated unlock output no longer have to worry about connecting it to the other ignition out? 

2010 f250 6.4 cc
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
dafaic wrote:
I guess since the GWR is connected to a diode isolated unlock output no longer have to worry about connecting it to the other ignition out?
I'm not following your question here.
When you activate the remote start portion of your system, the remote start will energize ignition and bypass...disarming the factory alarm. This diagram applies only when you unlock the vehicle using the aftermarket transmitter. Everything else remains the same as previously discussed.
dafaic 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

OHHHHHHHH....

So the GWR of the bypass will need to be hooked up to both this factory alarm disarm setup and the ignition status out from the alarm brain That wire on the red satallite port. 

Will I need to isolate the 2 seperate connections to the bypasses GWR one from the unlock and one from the ignition status of the alarm?

I was thinking the remote start was affected by this.  I realize now, once you said that, that the truck seeing a programmed key would disarm the factory alarm and that the auidovox wireup is just another step in the process and not replacing anything. 

2010 f250 6.4 cc
Twelvoltz 
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
dafaic wrote:
So the GWR of the bypass will need to be hooked up to both this factory alarm disarm setup and the ignition status out from the alarm brain That wire on the red satallite port.
if it is red, yes...I don't have access to that information. Just use a DMM to test to make sure it provides a negative just before and the whole time remote start is active.
dafaic wrote:
Will I need to isolate the 2 seperate connections to the bypasses GWR one from the unlock and one from the ignition status of the alarm?
Yes
dafaic wrote:
I was thinking the remote start was affected by this. I realize now, once you said that, that the truck seeing a programmed key would disarm the factory alarm and that the auidovox wireup is just another step in the process and not replacing anything.
All remote starters/alarms should be handled as add-on pieces and should never take away from anything the vehicle originally did.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
here is another diagram for disarming
2010 ford disarm
you do not need the keysense hooked up
if your alarm/remote starter has a disarm wire you do not need to hook it to the unlock wire of the alarm
Twelvoltz 
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
That DEI diagram is better than the one I posted from Audiovox, IMO. However, I can not post DEI information...I would definitely use the one Monty_77 posted.
dafaic 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

Super awesome.  Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow...

2010 f250 6.4 cc
dafaic 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
So trying to program the pkall. I hold the button down while plugging in d2d plug then transmission plug. Well it says to let off whe led lights up. Hell the led lights up before I can plug in 2nd connector and never flashes.
Tried to do key learn sequence and no luck.
2010 f250 6.4 cc
dafaic 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and now dash says check brake system and truck thinks brake is set.
2010 f250 6.4 cc
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic