icon

code alarm ca 100

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b1mmuo27 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
I put this alarm in my 1996 Dodge Ram pickup last year & it has been doing the same thing since then. I don't know if it is a program issue but here I am asking. The alarm works fine. Electric door locks arm & disarm, lights flash etc. My problem is if I leave a door open I get the 3 beeps that the door is open but it still arms & if I push it closed the alarm goes off. I have to disarm it before closing the door. I have not had an alarm do this before. They always chirp that the door is open & not arm. Is this a programming option or it doesn't work that way or did I screw up? Thanks.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
to me it sounds like, its on a passive arming and it beeps three times to let you know the door is open.
after it arms you shut the door and then the shock sensor triggers, would be my guess.
b1mmuo27 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
It is not on passive arming. It's on Active arming. I push the remote, it beeps 3 times if the door is open but still locks & arms the truck.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

The system should not arm if the door is open and the vehicle is set for passive arming. Arming should start after the door is closed.   I assume you hooked up the dome light signal (and it is working) to detect if any door was opened.   (Yellow negative active wire in the dirver's kick).  Are you certain the dome light works consistantly...no flakey door pins?  Do both doors cause the same issue?   I agree with Monty--It sounds like the doors are being ignored, and the system is arming, and the shock sensor is triggering when the door shuts. 

You may want to sit in the truck, arm the system, then open the driver's door to confirm the system sees the door and then triggers.  Then try the same with the passenger's door. 

For the issue you describe, I would use diagnostics from the CA100 to figure out what is triggering the system.

When this happens again, disarm the system.  You should get 4 chirps and the light will flash 3 times.

Enter the vehicle and before turning on the ignition switch, observe the LED flash pattern.--This should tell you what triggered the alarm.

From the CA100 owner's manual:

If the LED flashes 2 times...pause, 2 times...pause etc., then an intrusion attempt was made to open the hood, trunk, or by an accessory triggering device.

Check the vehicle for indications of forced entry to these openings.

If the LED flashes 3 times...pause, 3 times...pause etc., then an intrusion attempt was made to the vehicle doors.

Check all doors for indications of forced entry.

If the LED flashes 4 times...pause, 4 times...pause etc., then an intrusion attempt was made by impact or a strong vibration that the shock sensor

detected. Check the vehicle for possible damage to the glass or body panels.

If the LED flashes 5 times...pause, 5 times...pause etc., then an intrusion attempt was made by the ignition switch.

NOTE: The LED intrusion warning indications are stored in the system's

memory and will be erased when the ignition switch is turned on.

Lectric Guy
b1mmuo27 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it is connected to the yellow wire, negative lock. No flakey switches. Both doors do it. That's what I am saying that the alarm "sees" that the door is open, yet if I close the door the alarm goes off. Which maybe I didn't explain it right.
Once more.....if I lock the doors with the remote & a door is open the alarm chirps 3 times as if to say a door is open. When I close the door the alarm goes off. Any other time when the doors are closed & I lock the truck with the remote everything is fine. If the doors are opened without the remote the alarm goes off. I just have this problem if a door is left open. Sorry for any confusion.
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

b1mmuo27-

Just a thought...Did you initially adjust the shock sensor on the alarm?   It may just be the sensitivity is too high.  You may want to try looking at the LED when you disarm the unit after this occurs...4 flashes, pause, 4 flashes would indicate the shock sensor may be the cause.   Code and Audiovox tend to ship the shock sensor set at the highest sensitivity.    

Lectric Guy
b1mmuo27 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'll let you know, I'll check tomorrow. I did not touch the adjustment on the sensor. But off the top of my head I don't think I get any blinks off the LED after unlocking unless it went off on alarm. My last truck I had a Vipor alarm & it worked as expected. Leave the door open & chirp but no lock or arming.
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

Just to be clear...the problem needs to occur--alarm sounding--then disarm.  The cause will blink on the LED until you turn on your ignition.   My guess is you will see the LED blink in groups of 4 indicting shock sensor trigger. 

Lectric Guy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic