icon

2010 ford edge door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gregbbb 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2011 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing a viper 5901 remote start / alarm in a 2010 ford edge and going by the wiring chart on this site

the door trigger is one wire +DOOR TRIGGER                             GRAY/VIOLET (+)          IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL    

DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION          GRAY/PURPLE (+)        IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL or SJB, (GRAY 14-PIN PLUG(A) PIN 9, Note #2  (dont know if they are the same?)

I just got a wire diagram with my fortin bypass for the edge and they say the door triggers are four (-)door triggers whitch one is right

the install looks straight  forward I just need to know what other installers do for the door trigger and doom light supervision on this suv?

Thanks!!

tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2011 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
use the dome supervision wire. + gray/purple
The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is under the driver dash. The puddle lamps wire is purple (+) in the driver kick or SJB, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 12.
The actual door trigger wire in the 2010 edge is -/nc which is far more complicated. Using the dome supervision wire no relay or diodes are needed.
Gary Sather
gregbbb 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2011 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
So this gray/purple wire is the same wire that is in the kick and the Smart Junction Box and you can use this same wire for doom light and door  trigger for all the doors

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic