viper 5902 in 2006 expedition

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stone007 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hello again,
Ok so I had issues with the first 5902 working fine except for running while remote started. Remotes would say out of range and totally unresponsive until vehicle was not running. Changed out brain unit and key fob's. Second one wouldn't do anything, I could read it with my bit writer but would not respond to key fob's under any circumstances. Tried zapping brain with bit writer and starting over. Unit would not learn remotes and vehicle would not start with key... so they sent me another one. This one is unresponsive to key fob's however does start with key. Checked and rechecked all wires to make sure I didn't miss or wire something incorrectly. Everything looks to be correct and first unit worked except for when running on remote start.
After banging my head for countless hours on this, here I am again looking for advice from the pro's.
Here are the issues and what I have found to be potential problems:
Found the cable had been pinched going to the antenna/valet switch. Repaired. Am able to get into programming mode with sst and light blinks like it should. Is it possible something was damaged in the sst itself when the wires were pinched? Causing my issues with the key fob's?
The door trigger suggests using the dome light, only problem with this is dome light has a delay and alarm when is was working would tell me the door was still open. Found the individual triggers for each door not affected by the delay but they are neg constant when door is closed and open when door is opened. I could use relays but they would be energized all the time when the doors are closed. Otherwise I could only get one door to trigger. Any idea's around this"
I'm not a pro but I have installed around 6 or 7 code alarm remote start systems. This however is my first dei. All connections are soldered and heat shrink tubed.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

A DIY Guy here. Have you tried to pair the remotes with the brain?

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
stone007 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. several times.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged  

It is possible something may have been damaged when the wire was pinched you would have to use a new sst antenna to verify, Dei makes a programming for these door switches that go floating when the door is open, it is a feature on your 5902 you would have to program it, or if you are using your dome light wire, just turn off the door trigger error.

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 5:15 AM / IP Logged  
Also an afterthought dei's units must see a ground on the door trigger whilst trying to program it could be related seeing the nature of your door switches.
stone007 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

It is possible something may have been damaged when the wire was pinched you would have to use a new sst antenna to verify, Dei makes a programming for these door switches that go floating when the door is open, it is a feature on your 5902 you would have to program it, or if you are using your dome light wire, just turn off the door trigger error.

I will try the new sst. Didn't want to buy it if I didn't have to. How do you wire the door trigger input for the floating door switches? Have to use relays?
Thanks for the replies everyone.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2011 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Didn't you read my post, set the unit accordingly.
stone007 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
I did read your post. Was looking for some clarification on wiring 6 doors into one wire.
giambrone 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

use the dome light and go in with the bit writer and turn of the door error chirp. then you should be fine with the door trigger problem

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic