2010 dodge grand caravan, cm6200, evo chr

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zuniokinz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I've installed the CompuStar CM6200 + Fortin EVO-CHR into a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan using the provided T harness. I programmed the Fortin bypass and programmed the remotes to the CM6200 controller.
I phoned Fortin and they told me I only needed to use the 4 wire RS-232 cable as it will provide power to the CM6200 controller from the Fortin bypass.
I can use the remote to lock/unlock the doors, parking lights flash and the horn works as well when locking/unlocking but I cannot start the car. Here is what happens:
When I press the remote for 2.5 seconds to start, I get 3 parking lights flashes, then 1 flash. Manual tells me "Cannot start vehicle as it's already started"
I tried to to the tach learn by starting the car with the key, then pressing the brake and then pressing the "start" button on the remote for 2.5 seconds but it's unable to learn the tach.
Fortins page says the EVO-CHR will pass the tach signal to the CM6200 via the 2-way RS232 but it doesn't seem to.
Did anyone else run into this? I will hook up the tach wire from the Fortin device sometime this weekend to see if it will help but I'm dissapointed the RS232 port isnt passing that info...
On another note...
I changed the CM6200 to "tachless" mode, I'm able to start the car and it runs for a few seconds, then shuts off and repeats the start/stop procedure 2 more times, then it just shuts off.
Anyone??
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
the installation guide shows you have to hook up the parking lights and 12 power of the Remote starter?
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
It's been my experience with those fortins that hard wiring to the remote starter is the best method.  I tried d2d between evo-chr and a crime stopper piece and it did some goofy things.  It was in an 08 caravan.  After everything was installed, if you pressed lock 1 time on the factory fob the car would remote start.  Wether you used the factory fob or the cool start, after every remote start, you had to cycle the key or it would lock you out.  Also, when takeover is performed, the tpms light and if I recall correctly it was the traction light came on for a few seconds then went away.  I never had anything like that when hardwiring and  I definitely haven't seen anything like that when using a can module from idatalink.  My only 3 connections to the car were 12v(straight to battery), ground, and parking lights in the driver kick. 
Advanced
clearstar 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
After the car shuts down for the 3rd time can you do a diagnostic that says why it didnt run. Autopage you turn on ignition and hit trunk and the led flashes why it didnt start. Compustart has something like that?
Usually if its not staying running its a tach issue or voltage issue with the remote start.
or...
The bypass didnt program correctly and is not reading the key.
I would say move over to the I-Data-Link ADS-AL-CA with the T harness we do tons of these cars and havent had any issues at all. 2 min install
Fortin is good for the price point and they make a few bypasses for cars I-Data doesnt but they are much more difficult to install and understand as a installer. (My opinion)
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Start the vehicle with the key and do a take-over. Does the vehicle continue to run once the key is removed, or does it shut-down?
If the vehicle shuts-down, ensure your park-lights are not feeding back in to the foot-brake.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Did you change option 4 - 11 to 2 for fortin bypass ?
zuniokinz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
moonliter wrote:
Did you change option 4 - 11 to 2 for fortin bypass ?
yes, I did and I confirmed it..
zuniokinz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
monty_77 wrote:
the installation guide shows you have to hook up the parking lights and 12 power of the Remote starter?
According to Fortin this is for Parking lights flash when programming etc... Parking lights are normally controlled by the CAN bus when starting the car.
I will try and hook this up and see if it makes any difference
zuniokinz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

I found a solution that worked.

I hooked up the tach wire from the Fortin to the tach wire of the CM6200 thinking I could program the tach. Still no go...

I left the tach wire hooked up.. I also hooked up the +12V, IGN and ACC to 12V battery, then I also hooked up the foot brake wire from the CM6200 to 12V battery and this way I was able to program the tach and start the car.

I disconnected the foot brake, +12V, IGN and ACC from the battery and Im still able to start the car.

I disconnected the tach wire and car starts but dies right away. I hooked it back up. Seems like the tach signal is not being send via the RS-232 afterall and you need to do alot more to program the tach..

I will hook up the +12V and parking light output wire on the CM6200 to get the parking lights turn on when started.

zuniokinz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2011 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up the +12V, GND and the Parking light wires from CM6200 to the vehicle (WHITE/ purlple) in drivers kick panel and I still cannot get parking lights to work.
Do I need to use the wire out of the lights switch for that? The wiring list shows +12V parking lights as WHITE/ purple in drivers kick panel?
Any thoughts?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic