icon

2006 dodge ram, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
badblackram06 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hello i am new here and i thought maybe someone here can help me out. I am installing a Stellar remote start system on my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Gas burner. The (universal) installation manual they sent me just labled what their wires were but didnt really say what they went to. for example: Activation input (pink) or starter kill (orange). I am leaving a photo of the diagram they show. I would like to know what wire goes where. Thanks!

2006 dodge ram, remote start -- posted image.

opelap 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

Your going to need a bypass module for the Sentry key unless you do not have it. Almost all 06 models do.

Easiest one to use is the xpresskit CHALL or the Idatalink.

Cuts it down to 4 wires connected to the truck and 3 wires for power.

Check out their websites to see which you like better.

badblackram06 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply. They sent a bypass module with the kit. they said it was for my model truck.

badblackram06 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
I know i will need 2 or 3 more relays and some resistors but i just dont know where the wires hook to. I've read for the activation input wire it needs a negative input to activate the starter. So i would have to use the door lock "hot" wire and hook up a relay to reverse the polarity and turn it into a negative pulse. Also i have read 95% of the needed wires are in the steering column. I'm getting more and more stumpped the further i look into and starting to regret buying the kit, but i have faith. I believe i can get it if i get the right information.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a link to Bulldog Security :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp   You can look-up your truck and print out their Wire Guide.  Remember to verify all wires before making the connections.
Soldering is fun!
badblackram06 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2011 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i'm back after 4 months. I took a break on trying to figure out how to install this remote start because of cold weather and my wife and I were in the process of buying a home and moving. So now i'm ready to tackle this, i think... If someone could help me figure out what each wire would connect to on the illustration photo i have posted above. I know a few wires already. Like, Tachometer, Acc. 2, Starter, 12v, Ignition, Acc., Ground. I have no idea what the activation input(pink) or the bypass output?? Would these be for the bypass module that also came with this kit? Also the unit has a Ignition 2 (RED / white) wire. My truck does not have a Second ignition wire. Do i not hook it up? I know i will not use the diesel options. If anyone can help me figure it out that would be great.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2011 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
What Make and Model of bypass module do you have?  There are many that work for your 2006 Ram.  The remote start wiring will vary depending on the bypass module used.
Soldering is fun!
badblackram06 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2011 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'll have to get back to you on that. Its not with me at the moment.
badblackram06 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2011 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass module is a Stellar BYTRAN module. Doesnt really have any part numbers other than a (SKU# 140721).. I think i figured out what the activation input is. It should be the input from the keyless remote. It says on their site that it needs two negative pulses within 5 seconds to start and stop the engine. how would you get negative pulses? would a relay fix this? The site also says the ByPass output wire is for bypassing the external device when the engine is started by the remote start module. Not sure what the external device is.
kreg357 
Posted: June 30, 2011 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

It appears that the BYTRAN bypass module is just a "key in the box" type bypass.  You will have to place a working key into the BYTRAN to allow a remote start of the truck.   The BYTRAN has an antenna lead that goes around the ignition switch.  The external device is the Chryslaer Sentry Immobilizer system.

Additionally, if the RS1050 did not come with its' own remotes, this system uses the Factroy remotes to signal a remote start.   This signal usually comes from the lock motor wire.  In the case of a 2006 Ram here is the info :   LOCK MOTOR WIRE   LIGHT GREEN (+)    IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL      If the RS1050 is looking of a (-) Start Pulse, you will need a relay to convert this signal.

Did you receive any relays or resistors with this kit?   They will be needed for Start2 and Accessory2.  Here is the diagram from Bulldog Security  :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_RAM-FULL-SIZE-PICKUP_DODGE%20RAM%20STARTER%20and%20ACCESSORY%202%20DIAGRAM.pdf

Don't want to say it, but there are easier ways of installing a remote start into this truck that would include their own FOBs ( for better range ) and / or don't require a key to be lost under the dash.  Check out the ADS TBSL C2 from iDatalink :  http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/  These are available on EBay for $20 and you won't loose a key and it handles the MUX start/acc/keysense.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic