icon

autopage vs dei

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheDouche 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I have a 2000 silverado an was lookin to get a alarm but want to know people personal opinion on the two companies. Which has better service more reliable and ease of installation. I was looking at a viper 5701 and don't know much about autopage to know which is comparable. What is am/am paging and is it better than the viper system? A guy I work with use to sell both dei and autopage about 3 years ago and said he had nothin but problems with dei but autopage was great to them and never had any returns from them. Also the remotes seem to last longer he said. What's your guys opinions?
clearstar 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
Autopage dealer for 6 years. Installer for 10. I would recommend Autopage over DEI any day... I actually just finished a Viper alarm/RS in a car and cursing it the entire way since I would have been done in half the time.
Its more based on what your use to installing as well. I personally like Autopage for many reason.
160 Remote starts this year 0 returns or defects.
All remotes are backwards compatable is its the same unit. Meaning a basic 5 button can be programmed to a basic 5 button from 92
Tech support is great. Lifetime Warranty. Bypass work perfect with I-Data.
Less models to worry about.
They have everything DEI has to offer.
Cant buy Autopage at Bestbuy, 6th Ave, 7-11, Pepboys (boa)and many others. (DEI is all about brands and numbers)
Avital
Viper
Python
Clifford
Directed
Polk Momo
Orion
Precision Power
Valet
Boa
Wasp
Rattler
Sidewinder
Merlin
Failsafe
Autostart
AstroStart
Automate
Im sure some Im forgetting, great for them and marketing. Your an average customer you had issues with a Valet remote start and will never buy one again. But you'll buy a Avital not knowing its the same thing in a different box.
This is just my opinion. But Autopage overtop everything then Compustar then Dei. Dont bash my opinion just voice yours.
giambrone 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i have been installing viper for 3 years and i dont have problems with them. i am not to sure about autopage. just cause dei has alot of brands doesnt make them bad. they have diffrent features diffrent prices so you dont have to only coose one item, yes some of the dei brands i think are crappy but viper is not one of them. dont know about autopage but dei has lifetime warrenty on viper so thats what i would get 5701 is a sweet model i just put a 5901 i my car and i love it.
TheDouche 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
What you said is basically what my buddy from work said. That's why I'm thinking about the autopage. What's a good 2-way that autopage makes? Also what is am/am paging? I hear there passlock interface is super simple as well which I like.
If I were to go with autopage and wanted a tilt sensor and something for a glass break what other add ons would I need to purchase?
clearstar 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
I run a C3-RS-6652w pager on mine personal car. They make 3 higher models that I personally wouldnt want in my vehicle but other people may.
Check out www.autopageusa.com for more specific info.
The bypass are very easy with I-datalink most yoru wires automatically connect.
If you want cool features you can hook up to the C3 unit which will give you phone ability and online ability to track, set up zones, speeds, start, unlock, and much more. (same as Viper ap and Compustar Drone)
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

it's a poor musician who blames his instrument....

both are respectable brands and both will work fine if properly installed!

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
TheDouche 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Not blaming I've just herd different things about the two companies and want to make an educated decision. I'm not completely sold on autopage but I want to gear both sides. Customer service is a big deal even if you don't use it ever it's nice to know when you need it they will be there an help completely.
From what it sounds like they are both very comparible alarms which is why it's hard to decide.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

DEI installer for six years and i've never had serious problems or regular problems on any unit, except for the minor glitches that were since corrected on their lc3 responder generation, i would recommend Viper anyday.

Hey clearstar, would u mind if i used your last sentence in your last line as my signature, i love it.  

TheDouche 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Well I trust viper some what but I do remember when dei first got a hold ofthe company everyone was complaining about them. That's the reason for the post. To see if maybe dei straightended out its flaws and is making a good product or not.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
really, i thought directed always owned viper?, well they do make good products now, no worries there.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic