Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scottdw 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2011 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
scottdw wrote:
That makes sense. Sorry but I am a total NEWBIE but to hook the C terminal up to ground, where would be the best place to hook it to? Can I just hook it to the negative line for powering the GSM or is that totally wrong.
Yes, the negative input is the same as ground. You could probably solder it to the ground wire that is already connected to the 4100.
To change the activation pulses, turn the ignition on then off, press the programming button 9 times, holding it in on the 9th press then press lock/unlock button on the remote. This should change it to one pulse starting.
Awesome...thanks and will try it out.
I assume I can use the other channel for the unlock bu using the the Blue (-) unlock wire to the "NO" terminal and just use the same ground for "C", right?
[QUOTE]where did you get the GSM switch from?What brand of sim card did you use and was it hard to program?[/QUOTE]
The link for the GSM is in my first post but I have not tried to program it yet. I am probably going to try T-Mobile for the sim but you can use any network as long as it's GSM. I will post back once I get everything working though.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
scottdw wrote:
I assume I can use the other channel for the unlock bu using the the Blue (-) unlock wire to the "NO" terminal and just use the same ground for "C", right?
Yes. You may want to diode isolate the brain but I am not sure it would be necessary. Also it would not hurt to be sure you see (-) on that blue unlock wire while unlocking via remote.
scottdw 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2011 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
I meant to write back to this before. I got it all working and it works great. I used the remote starters power and ground and just piggy-backed off the ground to the relays ground. Found the activation input wire and hooked that up, programmed the unit via txt messages and it works fantastic.
I assume this won't be too much of a draw on the battery since it's on constantly, right?
I debated on wiring in a switch on the power wire so I can just cut power to it if we are away on vacation of something.
Would leaving this running for say a week (without the car being started) kill the battery by the time we get back?
Thanks for all of the help with this.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2011 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
Is there any specs on power consumption in the paperwork it came with? That will help give you an answer on what to expect regarding battery draw and how long it would last.
I think a switch on the power to the GSM box is good insurance regardless myself. Never know what kind of fluke might happen that would cause the car to start..
Does that box have any kind of timer that will shut the car down after xxx mins?
scottdw 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2011 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
Ok it says Operating Current: Max. 500mA, typical 55mA does that help.
Yes the car would shut down after 10min and can only be started from my cell phone. It has a whitelist that you can block all numbers except what is on the whitelist.
Thanks for the help.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic