icon

ignition failed in my honda

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s10rider07 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2011 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I tested each wire before hand to make sure each wire had continuity & they all do. Im gonna test each wire again on my 15min break & report in lol. Thanks for the quick replies btw.
When you put your mind to it, the possibilities are endless.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2011 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ah, a spring is in the air, the one that fell out of the Honda's ignition switch.
Right Oldie I'm tired it's 23:20 time for your brekkies and the other guy's tea, I've got two trackers for 7:30a.m.,8 miles away, another three in Swindon Wiltshire, 90 miles away, think Brunel and the Great Western Railway, engine sheds, Victorian engineering masterpieces, oh forget it now they build BMW Minis and HondaNondas.
s10rider07 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2011 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
I want to know what happens when you turn to ignition, does the BLACK / YELLOW stay live? It should also stay live along with the BLACK/ white when you turn to the start position.
Yes the BLACK / YELLOW stays live when in the ign II & III position. The BLACK/ white wire is live in ign III, the solid yellow is live in ign II only, so in my opinion i need the BLACK / YELLOW & solid yellow to connect to the solid white constant 12v wire to run the car, (imulating the ignII circuit) right??
s10rider07 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2011 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Just thought of why having both the BLACK / YELLOW wire & solid yellow connected is a bad idea....the solid yellow is for the cooling fan/blower motor circuit. These areent powered when the ignition is in the start position to save energy for maimum starting power. I have to wire 2 seperate swithes to a 12v switched source to keep those circuits separate. Meaning flicking on the BLACK / YELLOW switch @ start, then flick on the yellow once started for run.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2011 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
Your last post but one, that's exactly what should happen so the problem isn't at the switch.
FYI to start this car, the BLACK / YELLOW should stay live constantly whilst in ignition (ll) and start (lll).
The BLACK/ white goes to live only in start position (lll) whilst the other's except the BLACK / YELLOW all dump in the start position.
To confirm this connect your white to the BLACK / YELLOW, your instruments and warning lights should come on, the "flash" for about 1 second from the live (white) to the BLACK/ white. Do this with gearshift in neutral and parking brake on.
If the car starts and runs the problem is the switch. If you get the same symptom as before then the problem is somewhere else.
s10rider07 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2011 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok,.update: i got payed yesterday......(finally) & took out the ignition switch, the actual part that houses the wires & took it apart to look @ its connections & they were severely worn. I looked online for just the wiring harness/switch & it turned out to be like $68 @ o'reillys with lifetime warranty. I got a ride down to my local store & took it with me, bought it replaced it & now my car growls like a tiger lol.   
Thank you everyone who helped me on this topic. & like always if ive got a wiring issue that i cant figure out on my own i will ask yall quick fast & in a hurry. thanks
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic