icon

2001 grand cherokee, viper 5101

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have a hood pin connected. It could be giving you this issue. If it were in manual trans. mode it would flash the parking lights 4 times. A relay click but no flashes or anything sounds like hood pin
brynn2010 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  
yea i have the hoo pin conected buy i will chevk again
gotta love me
brynn2010 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  

Ok 12volt world i am back again i sm installing a viper 5101 on a 2001 grand cherokee and i am having nothing but problems first off i still cant figure out why the remote start is working but i have a couple of things i wanna try today so i will let you know how it turns out tonight now another thing i need help with is the parking lights how do i wire them up correctpy i havent attempted it yet but the way everything is going with this truck i wont be surprised if  it gives me a problem and last but not least i am currently in the middle of wiring the lock and unlock up it has factory keyless i originally tried usuing the 451m but got no where with it  so i scraped that idea and am just gpin to the realys but now i am having problems with them first off the lock re;ay is staying constantly energized and im gettting nothing from the unlock if anyone could help me out and tell me what wires go where and where they are located i would greatly appreciate it thanks a lot everyone

JAKE

gotta love me
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  

There has been some recent discussion about the 1999-2004 G.C. Parking Lights.  Try doing a search on that issue.  There are several ways to control the Parking Lights.  Here is the Bulldog Security method :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_GRAND-CHEROKEE_GRAND%20CHEROKEE%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf

The door locks are a pain in that vehicle.  Personally I would spend the money on a iDatalink ADS ALSL CH bypass module.  It will take care of the ignition transponder immobilizer, door locks, Factory alarm and provide a Brake, EBrake, door & trunk triggers and Tach signal.  Much easier.

Soldering is fun!
brynn2010 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  

I have posted a couple other post on here and i wanna thank everyonne for tryijng to help i really think there is something wrong with the alarm module itself ive wired it every diffrent way possible tested eveery wire that could be tested nothing is working the 451m isnt working properly so i wired relays instead and im getting a constant ground out of the the lock wire from the module and as for the remote start i ran a diagnostic and got no where its giving me 7 flashes which is neautrak saftey turbo timer and mts all of that is done correctly and its still giving me that code all of this is on a 2001 grand cherokee anybody have any other kind of advice i would appreciate if not thank you for the help ive already recieved this website is very helpful

thank you 12 volt world

jake

gotta love me
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  

get a data module to take care of doorlocks, it saves so much time and headaches.  xpresskits or idatalink.  You can probably find a discontinued one on ebay for dirt cheap.  Or a new model for a little more dough.   If the viper is flashing the parking lights 7 times when you attempt to remote start then you need to get into the menu options and  change to auto trans mode.  If you do not have the manual it is available on the downloads section of this site.  I highly recommend reading the programming section thoroughly so you understand how and what. 

Advanced
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
X 2 with dasbogie here but to go a stage further have you tested the outputs from your R/S to see that the lock and unlocks are performing as advertised, also isn't this a resistive 1 wire system?
I've never ever seen a faulty 451.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

An 01 Grand Cherokee has the lock system that requires relays in the doors. Where did you connect your 451M and the relays you replaced it with? An Idata ADS AL-CA will take care of the immobilizer and locks and is easy to install

The 5101 comes in manual transmission mode and needs to be changed. did you change this? Im willing to bet that is your issue.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
I agree, a single 451 won't work the locks on this truck. You need to install one in each front door, a real pita. Get a module, like the 455J. There's one on Ebay right now for 19 bucks...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
brynn2010 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2011 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
so the viper is in manual mode ill have to mess with that i have a constant negative coming out of alarm module as soon as i hook any relay up they click so something isnt right the doors in the truck are a pain in the ass i do realize you need seperate ones for each door but i cant even get one to work properly
gotta love me
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic