honda s2000 compustar 2w8000fmasf

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much once again,
I took another photo for you Its of the Clifford wiring. The previous installer spliced what im guessing is the starter wire (I came to this conclusion based on the Clifford wiring diagram). I can now just solder those back together correct? As i wont be installing the starter relay from the compustar. I hope that made sense. The Red and white wires from the Clifford starter relay have cut into the s2000's starter wire. The two crimped wires...
honda s2000 compustar 2w8000fmasf - Page 2 -- posted image.
As side note yes the s2000 has a stock immobilizer in the key fob/around ignition. Its really late over here im going to go to bed and start with a fresh mind. This stuff is really interesting.
Could not have done anything without HOWIE II.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  
I doubt if that's the starter wire from its thin gauge but yes it is some sort of immobiliser, just join together.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
By the way, don't crimp like that, solder.
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yes sir, i haven't used taps ever in my car after one horrible problem. One time when i was doing an engine swap i had to modify a obd2 wiring harness to an obd1 and had to make new connections, anyways I used taps to save time. When I started the car it would go into limp mode and shut down in 10 seconds, after hours and hours tracing each wire back i found that the tap (that went into the maf) was not getting enough power. After i soldered it back it finally started etc. So no I will never ever use taps again. Taps only cause problems not solve them plus they look horrible.
Anyways still trying to figure out what wire the clifford relay spliced into. In the clifford manual says it splicing the started but like Howard said the wire gauge of the starter is too small. Anyone have an idea?
I also want to clarify that I will not be installing the Starter wires Ie yellow from the compustar into my s2000. Because Im not installing auto-start correct.
honda s2000 compustar 2w8000fmasf - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
The installer was probably trying to be clever and cut into an engine management etc, the starter colours should be something like BLACK/ white
or the BLACK/ red shown in the plug above, I wouldn't mind guessing that RED / black is either clutch switch out or maybe a second ignition.
Don't worry just join (solder and sleeve) those wires together. DON'T crimp them, I'll bet the original installer never used a compound action crimper on them.
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thank You, I just figured out that i was missing the installation manual And only had cm6000 wiring schematic and user guide. Reading through the installation manual right now.
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Alrite so, I got the alarm to work well sorta.
The alarm arms and disarms all futures from the compustar work Ie, Shock,rps,temp,etc. Only thing that does not work is my doors they dont lock or unlock. My 2way remote lets me know if the door is open. If i arm the system and open the door the the alarm goes off( so it recognizes the door opening). For some reason the doors dont lock and unlock. Heres my dilema ive asked a few people who have done there own installs and some say the used door relays some say they dont. The preivious installer who installed the cliford alarm in my car did not use any relays for the doors. What should I do.
I appreciate your guys help. Im glad I made it this far! :)
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
I also forgot to mention that the parking lights work also. If i arm the system they blink etc.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
You WILL need relays, refer to the the sheet I sent you and to the relay diagrammes for 5 wire in the relay section here.
I'm just wondering what damage you may have done to the Compustar's lock outputs.
Why did you even assume without testing? Basic moronic amateur mistake, it's not as if you didn't have ALL the info in front of you.
Remember my first post?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Also that Clifford Prime was an upgrade, no remotes, it was TRIGGERED by the factory locking, it didn't control the locks.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic