icon

remote start, windows, 03 g35 sedan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
choleaoum 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
Hey how's it going had a little issue troubleshooting my Viper 5901 install on my 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan.
Everytime I lock/unlock my car it keeps saying "ALARM REPORT SHOCK SENSOR" constantly, it's annoying. My sensitivity is like at 7-ish..
And also do I need to hook up my tachometer wire & keysense wire? My remote start works but the only problem is that it takes two tries to make it start up during cold weather.
I'm using the xk07 unit.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
You should have the tach wire hooked up to a fuel injector at the BCM under the passenger dash.  You should also have the second starter wire connected.
Kevin Pierson
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:
You should have the tach wire hooked up to a fuel injector at the BCM under the passenger dash.  You should also have the second starter wire connected.
What are the consequences of not having that wire hooked up? I will hook it up today. I just want to know if I did any damage, second starter wire is connected. Car starts up after the second try. Is that normal?
How about the whole shock sensor warning issue, it wont go away!
KPierson 
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

Remote starting a vehicle requires feedback to determine if the car actually started.  There are two main ways to provide feedback - tach or voltage.  In tach mode the brain monitors a pulsing signal that has a frequency proportiate to RPM.  Another advantage of hooking up the tach wire is that the crank time can be shortened or extended EVERY time the car is remote started based on real time RPM feedback.  Cars tend to crank around 2-300 RPM and idle around 1000RPM.  This is enough of a difference that the brain can differentiate between cranking and running. 

In voltage mode the remote start outputs a start signal for a preset amount of time (factory is 0.8 seconds).  The brain then waits ~10 seconds and checks the cars voltage.  If the voltage has increased then it is safe to assume the motor is running (alternator is working).  If the voltage hasn't increased then the system will try to restart.  Because of the massive voltage drop caused by cranking the car it is impossible to have real time feedback using this method. 

Neither method will hurt the car, one is just obviously better then the other and in my humble opinion should ALWAYS be used.

Kevin Pierson
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your great contribution! Can you help explain to me what would be causing my remote to be so annoying? It keeps saying 'shock sensor warning' and nothing activated the shock sensor.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2011 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
any input?
KPierson 
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing I can recommend is to exchange it out for a different unit. It sounds like something is wrong with either the remote or the brain.
Another suggestion would be to start a new thread specific to that problem (and that alarm model).
Kevin Pierson
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2011 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:
The only thing I can recommend is to exchange it out for a different unit. It sounds like something is wrong with either the remote or the brain.
Another suggestion would be to start a new thread specific to that problem (and that alarm model).
I started a new topic for that problem, it keeps getting merged into this topic. Its so annoying! This unit was working perfectly fine on the G35 I pulled it off of.. hm.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic