icon

how to wire driver side priority unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meanwire 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
How do I hook up to driver side priority unlock to my CompuSTAR 1 way remote start. The factory key FOB has driver side priority unlock. This is for a 2005 Nissan Altima.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
Does the Compustar unit have a 2nd unlock wire? If it does you will need to use the lock/unlock motor wires and 3 relays. If it doesnt have the 2nd unlock output there isnt a way to do it.
meanwire 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the CompuSTAR does have the 2nd unlock wire. Please explain me in detail about the lock/unlock motor wires and relays. My installer doesn't want to do this, so it's up to me to do. Please and thank you!
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I think I hooked up my keyless entry wires from the remote start into the factory arm/disarm wires. Set the doorlocks for single pulse unlock, and you should be able to retain the drivers door priority. You'll have to press unlock within 5 seconds to unlock the rest of the doors.
meanwire 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Could you please explain this better? So you didn't have to use any additional relays? That would be great if you didn't, so what your saying is that tapped into the factory lock & unlock wires? Thanks for your help!
ExtremeProAudio 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I feel the urge to clarify so here it is...
Anytime I interface with a vehicle that has factory arm/disarm wires, I hook up my keyless entry to those. If the factory arm/disarm wires control the doorlocks, It always retains drivers priority. On vehicles where the arm/disarm wires do no not operate the doorlocks, I do the relays on the motor wires as mentioned above.
ExtremeProAudio 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
lol... you beat me to the punch... If you tie into the doorlock wires, you will always unlock all the doors at once because they are almost always tied into the lock/unlock switch in the door (which operates all the doors at once).
meanwire 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
I think that's what the installer has done right now. He's saying he's got into the lock/unlock motor wires with additional relays and doesn't want to do this. So are their like two factory unlock wires in the harness or something, one for driver side and one for unlock? If so can't he just hook up to those or am I missing something? Thanks!
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

Using 3 relays:

1st relay - pin 86 to lock wire from r/s, pin 87a to switch side of yellow/red wire @BCM pin 65, pin 30 to motor side of yellow/red.

2nd relay - pin 86 to unlock from r/s, pin 87a to switch side of GREEN / WHITE @ BCM pin 59, pin 30 to motor side of GREEN / WHITE.

3rd relay - pin 86 to 2nd unlock from r/s, pin 87a to switch side of GREEN/ red @BCM pin 66, pin 30 to motor side of GREEN/ red.

Pins 85 & 87 to +12V constant.

The 3 wires @ the BCM(located behind the fusebox) will test by cutting the wire and then meter each side to find the wire that goes to 12V when pressing the lock/unlock switch on the door. when one half of the wire goes to 12V when pressing lock or unlock that is the switch side and the other half is the motor side.

meanwire 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
Pardon my stupidity. If I do this myself, do I have to get into the driver door lock? Is this for a 2005 Nissan Altima? So I have to use additional relays correct? If so where do you recommend I place these relays? What is r/s?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic