icon

how to wire driver side priority unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
I think I did. The factory alarm disarm wire shuts off the factory alarm on the 1st pulse but doesnt unlock any doors based on the tech sheet he posted earlier.
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
when i installed my 5701 into a taurus i was able to retain priority unlock. the factory keyless entry had this feature so i just had to meter the wires coming from the keyless entry/security module under the dash whilst pushing unlock on the factory fob and finding the wire which pulsed the neg signal to unlock the drivers door only. i didnt have to go into the door itself and use relays directly at the motors thankfully. its time consuming if you dont know which wire youre looking for but saves the hassle of taking door panels off and getting to the lock motor.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2011 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

tony_g wrote:
when i installed my 5701 into a taurus i was able to retain priority unlock. the factory keyless entry had this feature so i just had to meter the wires coming from the keyless entry/security module under the dash whilst pushing unlock on the factory fob and finding the wire which pulsed the neg signal to unlock the drivers door only. i didnt have to go into the door itself and use relays directly at the motors thankfully. its time consuming if you dont know which wire youre looking for but saves the hassle of taking door panels off and getting to the lock motor.

Most vehicles have the lock/unlock motor wires in the vehicle just like the 2005 Altima in this post. Although I just thought of an easier way to it. Connect the 2nd unlock (-) output from the remote start to where the unlock wire is connected now. Then wire up the unlock (-) wire from the remote start to a relay for the drivers door unlock motor wire. Ultimately, the drivers door will unlock twice but that wouldnt hurt anything and give you the priority unlock and only use 1 relay.

Meanwire - i'm gonna be doing a remote start in an 05 Altima next Wednesday and I'm gonna try this. I'll let you know how it goes.

ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2011 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
What was the outcome?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic