icon

2002 jetta, autopage 730, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2011 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
Funny, I was bench testing an old Clifford this morning and it was doing the same thing reporting a door open with the wire not connected! I put a test LED on the door trigger wire, nothing showing but after that all was OK.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2011 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Just humour me, take the hood pin wire for the alarm/RS and ground it then turn the alarm on, turn it off and disconnect, see if you still get the error warning, if not job done, if still showing hood open, faulty unit.
jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
Already tried it I put a ground wire right to the hood trigger armed it took it off and samething . I guess its just a bad unit sh@'l! Ive been doing all this research and planing everything eles with the install went really smooth but this happens. Oh well i guess ill see if they send me another one. Thanks for ur help howie ill post again when i get the new one in.
No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
jpadj22 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
I figured it out! I went back to unplug all the plugs from the brain to return it when,i thought of un plugging the one that has hood,door and trunk triggers. So then i had a door opened and armed it and it was showing the door open. So then i went back to read one of howies post saw that the hood wire was a BROWN / red. So i put my dmm and it showed a complete circuit. So i cut the wire problem solved! Thanks for all your help howie couldnt of done it with out u thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
Bet you didn't diode it originally like I told you to?
jpadj22 
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
I was using the idatalink module it gave me the hood status, that weny straight to the autopage it didnt say to use a diode.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Yes well that's where knowledge of sleeper circuits comes in and I told you diodes were required for trunk and hood.
jpadj22 
Posted: March 20, 2011 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Oh ok didnt know that thanks.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic