the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

ultrastart1280 ads al ca in a 07 durango

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2011 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Just a soldered connection between the U1280 Blue/White Tach Input wire and the ADS AL CA PURPLE / White Tach Output wire.  Once the ADS AL CA is programmed to the vehicle it outputs a nice Tach signal.  The Ultra Start should sync up to it on the first key start after a Factory Reset.

The ADS AL CA Brake Output is another signal that should be directly connected between the two modules.  ( It's easier than going to the vehicles Brake switch. )   The U1280 is not an alarm so the other connections in red don't matter.

Soldering is fun!
sydmoe 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2011 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I had the brake wires connected from the ADS to the 1280
One thing I was a little confused about. The ADS wire diagram shows a pink ignition (+) input wire hooked to the ADS WHITE/ red (+)ignition output wire after a diode that is then hooked into the RS (+) ignition input wire. Problem is the 1280 doesn't have such a wire. It does have a ignition output wire however. I hooked into that. Could that be part of my problem? Should I disconnect that from the 1280?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  

The Ignition wire from the U1280 you should be using is the thick Blue wire from the 6 Pin white molex connector.  The diode and wire connections there are very important and should be followed exactly.  Part of that circuit allows the vehicles ignition signal back to the U1280 for monitoring and remote start option programming.  

Also note the warning in the upper left of the Type 3 install guide :

WARNING:

DO NOT CONNECT ANY OTHER ACCESSORY, IGNITION OR START WIRE FROM THE REMOTE STARTER TO THE VEHICLE.

There are some additional wires from the U1280 that should be connected directly to the vehicle that are not

shown on the diagram.  Parking Lights, Hood Pin, Horn ( optional ) and chassis ground come to mind.  But not the thick
Ignition, Accessory or Stater wires.

Soldering is fun!
sydmoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
Got it working. I didn't have the MUX wire hooked up since the ADS diagram did not show a colour to tap into. After looking again at all my connections (for 30th time) and the diagram I hooked the ADS yellow MUX wire to brown purple in pin location #1 ... Viola! She fired up after pressing the RS button.
Now my only problem is it doesn't chirp the horn when I try to enter into program mode. It does chip the horn when I hit the lock button. I didn't want to have to tap into the horn if I didn't have to ... Any ideas?
kreg357 
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass won't directly control the horn.  You must connect the U1280 Horn (-) output to the Durango's horn wire. 
Soldering is fun!
sydmoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Gotcha!
Soldered, heat shrunk, taped, wire tied and all buttoned up ... works like a charm!
Thanks for your help kreg357
Cheers!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic