icon

avital 4113 gone wrong

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tabb 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

I need some help. I just finished wiring up my 2010 subaru outback for remote start with the avital 4113 and an xpresskit tbxkey. The only thing happens when trying to remote start  is the parking lights flash.  Did a quick check for power output, while actuating the remote start, from the "heavy guage relay interface" wiring harness. I've got 12v's going in pins 4 & 6 but nothing coming out 1,2,3 or 5. When trying to use the brain's diagnostics, the LED does nothing. In fact, the LED never lights at all. Also noticed that the output relay I'm actuating using an output from the Salellite wiring harness isn't clicking either. Double checked all my wiring connections and everything seems good. I figure I've either got a crap brain out of the box or I may have mis-wiried something. Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

This is how I've got everything wired.....

H1/1,2,5,7 not connected

H1/3 to BLACK/ white key sense wire & violet wire of Xpresskit

H1/4 to BROWN / white power lock wire - so i can is factory key fob to enable remote start

H1/6 to  red horn wire

H1/8 Chassis ground &  black wire of Xpresskit

H1/9 BLACK/ blue parking lights

Heavy gauge wiring relay interface:

1 green IG1 wire

2 WHITE/ blue ST1

3 yellow ACC2

4 & 6 white IGN feed from ignition switch & red wire of xpresskit

5  blue ACC1

H2/1 WHITE/ orange neutral safety switch

H2/2 not connected. was deciding if I wanted to use virtual tach or not

H2/3 BROWN / white brake switch

H2/4 ran own wire for hood pin

H2/5 not connected

Satellite wiring harnes

1 blue wire of Xpesskit

2 & 3 nothing

4 connected to the neg trigger of an outboard relay for ST2

blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2011 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  

1st disconnect the yellow H1/3 from the keysense wire. this wire is only used if you are installing this remote start into a vehicle that already has an aftermarket alarm installed. Leave the violet wire from the TBXKEY connected to the key sense wire.

2nd is the car a manual transmission or automatic? if its an automatic, ground the BLACK/ white H2/1 neutral safety wire. If its a manual transmission, did you test the neutral safety wire? DEI shows the neutral safety wire to be GREEN/ black at the ECM behind the glove box.

3rd when you remote start the car how many times do the parking lights flash?

tabb 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  

I think the lights may have flashed 4 or 5 times. I'll have to double check. Are you thinking the flashing park lights are trouble codes?

Thanks for the advise on the other 2 wires. I thought connecting H1/3 to the keysense wire would disable the factory alarm during remote start.

buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
The only way to disable the factory alarm is with the factory remote, just get out your owners manual and set the factory alarm to off or valet mode. Sounds to me like you are in MTS mode like blanx said.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

The 4113 doesnt have MTS, but if the neutral safety wire isn't seeing ground the lights flash 4 times, just like other DEI systems do when they are programmed for MTS. If the car is an automatic there is no reason to do anything else but ground the BLACK/ white neutral safety wire. I'm willing to bet thats the issue and it'll start right up once that wire gets a good ground.

I've done a few of these cars recently and dont recall needing to disarm the factory alarm. It shouldnt go off when its started.

buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ah, good call on the MTS mode...wasn't thinking straight. Most of the Subbies I've done you do need to disarm the factory system, I always just put them in valet mode.
tabb 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

OK, finally had some free time. I've disconnected H1/3, re-wired H2/1 direct to ground. Still only get parking lights flashing and nothing else. I have confirmed the park lights flash 5 times. I also put the factory alarm into valet mode.

I managed to get shutdown diag going. The LED flashed 7 times.

Could I have a problem with my imobilizer bypass? Whats MTS mode?

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2011 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
The unit is in manual transmission mode, unless it is a manual vehicle, program it for automatic.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2011 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
How do you put a Subaru in valet mode? Also what years does this cover? I always hooked a factory remote up to some relays to dissarm the alarm. Or I have unpluged the factory shock sensor which sort of dissables the alarm, but the factory key fobs still will work.
Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer
phil6710 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2011 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Also will an express kit bypass, bypass the transponder part of the security system? I thought only the dealer could add coded keys.
Solartech Window Tinting and Electronics,contract installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic