icon

different colors and updates

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
I am not seeing the different colors you mentioned on the topic you made.  Do I need to have Java enabled for that as well?  IE8 here.  I have not checked it in Firefox.  Could we make the arrow a different color?  The arrow that goes to the last post in the thread.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
JavaScript  is not necessary to see the new colors. It sounds like you need to do a hard refresh or dump your browser's cache. In IE or Firefox, hold the "ctrl" key while hitting the "f5" key to force a refresh.  In Safari, hit the f5 key twice. Other browsers, try "f5"  with and without the "ctrl" key.
different colors and updates -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
I had already tried F5, I just tried Ctrl F5, still the same.  I will try firefox. 
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you need to dump your cache in IE if a hard refresh is not loading the updated style sheet.  All is good in 6 different browsers here.
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
No luck in Firefox either.
the12volt 
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using a proxy server?  Have you tried dumping your cache?  Are you doing a hard refresh on the last 100 topics page?
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
I did the F5 thing, which does appear to refresh. I then did CTRL + F5, it too appeared to refresh.
Is there some setting in the browser? I remember in the past that a viewed link would be purple in yahoo, non viewed links were blue. Even on Yahoo, now all links are blue. Firefox and IE.
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
No proxy server.
the12volt 
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
If they are all blue, click one, then return to it to see if it changed. If there is a new post in the topic since you last clicked the link, the link will be blue again.
the12volt 
Posted: April 20, 2011 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
BTW, if they are not changing, your browser is not loading the updated page. To fix this, you can change your browser's cache settings to check for a newer version everytime you visit the page.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic