icon

keep blowing amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2011 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

I am such an Idiot, I posted the previous question in the wrong topic.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2011 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

I am such an Idiot, I posted the previous question in the wrong topic.

Ha ha!  I wondered...

Support the12volt.com
cbringe1 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2011 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
it was a output mosfit that blew 15 dollor part  and a130 to fix and ship  not to happy but they told me it was due to vibration so i relocated amp to behind the subs and bolted down really good with pading underlay any way thats that thanks guys for all the info but i have couple more ?s  about seting up the amp its got a phase setting gain base eq  LPF and sub sonic  i have my box built ported and tuned to 40hz i know how to set my gains and base eq just dont know what to put lpf too phase and sub sonic can any one help me out or sugest what to do  i have 2 10s dd 3500s power base 3000d subs at 1 ohm any help is much apprecated thanks chris
chris bringe
ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2011 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

cbringe1 wrote:
it was a output mosfit that blew 15 dollor part  and a130 to fix and ship  not to happy but they told me it was due to vibration so i relocated amp to behind the subs and bolted down really good with pading underlay any way thats that thanks guys for all the info but i have couple more ?s  about seting up the amp its got a phase setting gain base eq  LPF and sub sonic  i have my box built ported and tuned to 40hz i know how to set my gains and base eq just dont know what to put lpf too phase and sub sonic can any one help me out or sugest what to do  i have 2 10s dd 3500s power base 3000d subs at 1 ohm any help is much apprecated thanks chris

LPF=  If you are using a deck with the sub controls biult in, and you can change them from the radio, I would set the LPF to its highest on the amp.  If your deck does not have the controls, it is A matter of opinion, but I would set it around 125hz.

Bass eq, set it to what you think sounds best, if you compete, set it to your best SPL tone freq.

ac0j 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2011 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
OOOPS ! posted to quick!   The phase is a matter of opinion as well, set it to whatever sounds best to you, but again,with the sub controls in the radio, most will switch phase as well.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic