icon

viper 3303 and door lock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deoz 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Well the hits keep on coming. With all the overtime I have been doing at work I have not had time to finish the install once I finished figuring out the door lock problem. I had time this Sunday to finish her up and now I seem to be having a problem with the starter disable feature.
So again no instructions just a pin out diagram. The harness for the starter kill is 3-wires and what I was assuming connected to an internal relay inside the alarm brain.
pin 1, GREEN / WHITE: Starter - common (key side) [I assume this is pin 30 on the relay]
pin 2, Green: Starter - Normally Open (motor side) [I assume this is pin 87 on the relay]
pin 3, GREEN/ Black: Starter - Normally Closed (motor side) [I assume this is pin 87a on the relay]
This these assumptions I was guessing I would cut the starter wire insert the key side to pin 1 and the starter side to pin 2 so when the alarm is on/active the starter circuit would be not active but when the alarm was off the relay would activate allowing the circuit to complete and start the car. Well come to find out regardless if the alarm is active, on, off, etc. it will not pass signal through these two pins no matter what I do.
So thinking the internal relay activates the other way around I changed the connections to pins 1 and 3. Now the car starts BUT it starts all the time, even if the alarm is going off horns blaring!
So what am I doing wrong? I am starting to feel pretty owned by this darn thing I have installed other alarms including a remote starter clifford G5 system in a 350z, but good lord this one is just kicking my butt. All the other alarms I have used just had two wires for the starter kill system. One for the key side one for the motor side, is there just something I am missing with this 3-wire system?
Again back to work next week so the car will sit but any help would be greatly appreciated.
mkraffert 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
On my system, you only use 2 of the 3 wires. You cut the starter wire from the key. The GREEN / WHITE wire goes to the key side wire and the GREEN/ black or green goes to the other side, depending on your vehicle. I used the GREEN/ black on my Ford.
deoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Was this on a 3303? I can start the car as well on that configuration but I can still start the car when the alarm activates this kind of undermines the idea of having it.
mkraffert 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
It's a Python 700, which is the same as a 3201. On mine, when the alarm is armed, if I try to start the car, it trips the alarm and the starter won't crank.
deoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Bummer well this 3303 seems to be the odd duck of vipers line up, and I seem to be the only one with it hehe. Any other suggestions?
At this point I could "rig it" for a lack of better words. The alarm has a ground output then active I could wire in an external relay that will cut the starter circuit when active but then when the alarm is off it will do the reverse. It seems to be a shame that I would have to do this instead of using the part that is built into the brain.
mkraffert 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
The Python is made by Viper. Mine has the relay built into it internally. I think what I described will work for yours too. Even the color codes on the wires are the same between the 2 systems.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
Deoz do you have a yellow ignition input wire on the 3303?
If so please use it then wire the starter cut as NC
Re your assumptions.
Wrong!
GREEN / WHITE key side =87a.
deoz 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I have the yellow 12v Sweet wire and with it hooked up or not it reacts the same as explained above.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic