icon

2011 toyota 4runner, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nismo542 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2011 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

I am in the need for 2011 4 runner remote start/keyless/security wiring info.  Also which transponder will be needed? I am guessing a 556u will work.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2011 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

i think i found the info, if anyone can verify.  i usually use the dei info but no longer have access.  if any moderator could delete the garbled post above that would be great.

MODEL  YEAR(S)

4-RUNNER   2010 -2011
 KEY  T-HARNESS  IMMOBILIZER
  TOYKEY- 2    N/A    TOYOTA'S TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, See NOTE #1

PART      COLOR     LOCATION
 12 VOLT CONSTANT   BLACK (+)      @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 1-Pin Plug(E), Pin 1
 STARTER    RED (+) NOTE #2   @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 8
 STARTER 2    BLACK (+)    @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 1
 IGNITION 1    BLACK (+) NOTE #3  @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 6
 IGNITION 2    PURPLE (+) NOTE #4  @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 4
 IGNITION 3    N/A   
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 RED (+) NOTE #5   @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 3
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A   
 KEYSENSE    N/A   
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - )   RED (-)     @ BODY ECU, (WHITE, 30-Pin Plug), Pin 30, NOTE #6
 PARKING LIGHTS ( + )   GREEN (+)     @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 36-Pin Plug(F), Pin 16
 POWER LOCK    BLACK (TYPE B),    @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 30-Pin Plug), Pin 9(TEST using Passenger Switch)
 POWER UNLOCK   WHITE (TYPE B),NOTE #7   @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 30-Pin Plug), Pin 10(TEST using Passenger Switch)
 DOOR TRIGGER    RED (-)     @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 36-Pin Plug(F), Pin 27
 DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION   GREEN (-)     @ DASH FUSE BOX, (REAR, WHITE, 40-Pin Plug(B), Pin 18
 TRUNK RELEASE    Use Trunk Release Motor wire   
 SLIDING POWER DOOR   N/A   
 HORN  GRAY/BLUE (-)    @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 40-Pin Plug(D), Pin 29
 TACH  PINK (AC)    @ DATA LINK Connector, (WHITE, 16-Pin Plug), Pin 9
 WAIT TO START LIGHT   N/A   
 BRAKE  PURPLE / GREEN to  BLUE (+)   @ BRAKE SWITCH or DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 36-Pin Plug(F), Pin 29
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM    GRAY (-) (Requires Double Pulse) NOTE #8   @ BODY ECU, (WHITE, 30-Pin Plug), Pin 24, NOTE #6
 ANTI-THEFT  TOYOTA'S TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, See NOTE #1   @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER

EXTRA INFORMATION
 NOTE #1: TOYOTA'S TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, Requires Bypass Module: (For Remote Starting Only) Part #791 Bypass, (Requires Extra Key) for Operation. (For Remote  Starting Only) Part # PK-ALL Bypass. (No Extra Key Required for Operation) 2-KEYS Required to Program Module. (For Remote Starting/Door Locks) Part # DB-ALL  (No Extra Key Required for Operation) 1-KEY Required for Programming. To order please go to the SECURITY BYPASS MODULE Page or INTERFACE BYPASS MODULE Page  on this website.
 NOTE #2: on vehicles with SMART KEY, PUSH-BUTTON Start, the START Switch 1 wire is LT. GREEN (-) and the START Switch 2 wire is RED (-) at the ENGINE Switch (BLACK, 14-Pin Plug) Pins 7 and 2.
 NOTE #3: on vehicles with SMART KEY, PUSH-BUTTON Start, the Ignition wire is a BLUE (+) located in the DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (WHITE, 48-Pin Plug) Pin 7
 NOTE #4: on vehicles with SMART KEY, PUSH-BUTTON Start, the Ignition 2 wire is a PURPLE (+) located at the DASH FUSE BOX, (REAR, WHITE, 56-Pin Plug(C) Pin 52
 NOTE #5: on vehicles with SMART KEY, PUSH-BUTTON Start, the ACCESSORY wire is a RED (+) located at the DASH FUSE BOX, (REAR, WHITE, 56-Pin Plug(C) Pin 48  NOTE #6: the BODY ECU is located under the DRIVERS DASH, it is attached to the RIGHT side of the DASH FUSE BOX.
 NOTE #7: this wire is only needed if the Door Locks do not function with the Aftermarket System while the vehicle is running. All other times just use the  Factory Alarm Disarm wire.
 NOTE #8: TEST this wire while turning the Key in the Drivers Door, this wire will also Unlock the doors.

nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2011 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

i am installing remote start/security/keyless in my wifes 2011 4runner.  is there any benefit with going with the pk-all or db-all over the 556u?  i dont mind giving up a key and the 556u is so easy to install.  i had a little trouble getting the last  pk-all working that i installed in an 08 4runner and i have never dealt with the db-all. 

thanks for the help as i am currently trying to decide on the bypass model i need to purchase.  by the way i am installing python 881xp.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2011 at 5:20 AM / IP Logged  
Send me a PM with your private email address, I'll send the info to you.
DEI recommend the following:-
DB-ALL -401.TL4v1.08
TBX Key
PKALL
XK05.PKR v2.0
556UW
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2011 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
A 556UW will work fine. If you have a factory alarm you must connect keysense. Use the disarm wire as your door unlock and you will get 2 stage unlock as the first pulse disarms and unlocks the drivers door....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2011 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
so i started on the install last night.
some issues that i have had so far.
door trigger stated is for driver door only, i had to go to each door trigger and run a separate wire from each and diode isolate. no big deal but a pain.
i was using an old 556u from a previous install and was having some issues with the bypass working. the starter would turnover constantly until i shut the remote start signal off by the brake pedal. remote start worked fine with key in ignition, come to find out the 556u "ring" had a wiring issue in it where the wire connection to the coil was snapped and not making contact. i ordered a pkall this morning to use instead.
this was one of the first installs i have done where the second ignition and second starter and accessory wires where really small gauge. they were probably 16 gauge. i am guessing they just drive a relay. i have been out of the industry for 5 years so this was new to me.
i am having trouble testing the factory disarm wire as it is stated to use this wire and only use the unlock wire if the locks will not function while vehicle is running. tech sheet i have says it is a negative trigger but it doesnt test that way, it remains 12V while unlocking. i didnt want to test with a grounded wire through a fuse as i wasnt certain about this wire. i have the unlock wire connected to the unlock as stated in the tech sheet and it works fine for unlocking. anybody have experience with this factory disarm?
thanks for all that have replied. hopefully the pkall will get here soon and i can finish up.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
Some pointers.
If your vehicle has a dome light that goes out 1 minute after you close the door but goes out immediately on locking, then use the switched ground feed to the dome light for your green door trigger wire.
If the above is the case you wont need the BLACK/ white from the unit.
x 2 with Mike on the keysense wire.
It sounds like you haven't programmed tach properly.
See the PM I sent you.
nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2011 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

info i have doesnt list keysense.  the 4runner is just an sr5 and i am pretty sure it only has the factory keyless, no security.   i already have the door triggers hooked up though.  i ran a wire from each trigger and diode isolated, so that part is done.  only part left is the transponder.

i am not new to this as i have installed probably 75 remote starts but that was on 07 and older vehicles when i was an installer.  since then the antitheft stuff has gotten more complicated at lesat now it isnt like the old gm passlock tring to find resistors that match the key close enough.

the tach is learned properly as the 4runner remote starts correctly with the key in the switch, but i will re program it when i finish up the install just to make sure.  what i think was happenning is that the key switch wasnt seeing the 556u properly since the 556u ring was messed up.  the pkall should solve the problem, but i just hope it isnt a pain to program.

nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2011 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  
i finished the 881xp with pkall install tonight.
a few bits of info about this install for anyone that is going to be installing a remote start on a 2010 or 11 4runner:
this 4runner had the "g" key.
using factory disarm as advised for unlock instead of power unlock wire causes the aftermarket keyless not to work while running, this was stated in the tech sheet that this was possible. I ended up just using the unlock wire.
i hooked up keysense, but this caused the factory "security light to flash at all times, while in remote start mode and after key was installed. i unhooked this wire and the security light stops flashing when the key is inserted as it should.
i havent hooked up the factory disarm wire from the 881xp to the car yet. i dont think it will be needed but i will see.
thanks for the input from the 12volt members.
milgrad 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2012 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
I want to get a remote start installed in my wife's new 2012 4runner limited with push button start.  Everybody is telling me the only way it will work is the vehicle will shut off when you open the driver's door.  Is that true or is there another bypass module that can be used to avoice that?  Any help would be appreciated.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic