icon

474v remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Im looking for a 474V viper Remote. New or used dont matter. The cheaper the better. Please let me know what you have.
Thank
Ryan
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
What model remote start is this for?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
You can buy them on Ebay for 20 bucks shipped....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2011 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Viper 560xv
Thanks
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
i got a remote now. how do i program it to my unit. it was programed to a different car. will i be able to program it to my alarm?
thanks
ryan
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2011 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Yup, once it is functional it will program, turn on ignition with a door open, press the valet switch eight times and hold on the eigth press, when you hear seven chirps, then you press the lock button, you should then hear a long chirp which indicates success.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Tried that and it wont program! will a 474v program to a 560xv? My lcd remote will program for about 15 minutes and then it losses program! It will also kill a AAA battery in 8 hours or so. So Im sure the remote is bad! Why wont the 474v remote program? I can keep programing the bad remote by hitting valet button once and holding lock but it only holds program for 15 minutes or so. Please help.
Ryan
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
What are the steps you are doing to program the remote?  Is it possible that the unit is locked via a BitWriter?
lucasoil4u 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
open door turn on ignition press valet button and hold and press lock on remote. the lcd remote will program this way! the other four button remote will not program that way . and why would one program and the other one not. that doesnt seem like it would be locked with bitwriter.
smokeman1 
Posted: May 22, 2011 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  

According to the manual, you should press the valet button once and release, and then press and hold, you should get one horn honk /LED flash to confirm the channel selected. Channel 1.  I believe you should press the LOCK Button for AUTO LEARN.  You chould get a confirmation chip.  If not the Lock Button try the   *  Button.  It's been a while since I have done one on these so I'm not sure on what button is AUTO Learn.

Check your FCC ID # on this cross reference page:  http://www.drdetailshop.com/transcross.htm

You could also try to delete all remotes and then program the 474 to the Viper.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic