safe to wire pin 30 to pin 86?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madmanuser 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Try this wire amps and wire gauge-12 volt circuit. It took me two seconds to find this site via Google, just try wire gauges 12volts if the above doesn't get you in
You must do your own homework
Since we use metric here rather than US gauges, I'm guessing that most wiring on DEI product is 22 gauge with the exception of power, lighting and ground which are 18-20.
Over here DEI products have a 15-20 amp rating on the lighting circuit and 5 for the alarm
Don't forget those figures aren't continuous, an alarm draws about 30 milliamps at rest and about 1-15amps when triggered (including siren and lights).
You must do your own homework before asking these generally irrelevant questions.
I did google wire amps and other information. If you see my post above it has two links I found and am using these as examples. So claiming I haven't attempted to do some homework is nonsense in my opinion.
And you must have missed my point which was that the sources I have found are not consistent as to the max current the wires can hold. My examples show one site stating 15amps and one showing 7.5amps.
So back to part of what I wanted to know was why is it not consistent about the max amps wires can hold. If the reason is to complicated because of some in depth electrical math equations then thats fine but I just thought I would be able to find a simple answer and this is not the case.
BTW thanks I will be picking up some 16awg wire tomorrow from the local hardware store. and I understand what you mean by extending the wire. The 12v constant on the alarm is going to my 520t backup battery and I need a 12v constant source to my 520t. also I need to wire it in the rear of the vehicle for a stealth install.
I still don't understand how this is irrelevant. But I can't argue with the way some people feel. If this was irrelevant I would just run a 22awg wire that needs to handle 10-15amp load.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
Your're missing the point! The rear battery won't need a CONSTANT 7.5 amps, it's drawing about 400 milliamps when it's charging.
22AWG is more than adequate. Power loss over cable length is only relevant to high current devices such as amps, headlights, horns, cooling fans and relays will take care of the latter.
madmanuser 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
fair enough safe to wire pin 30 to pin 86? - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic