icon

First Alarm, 97 Honda Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2011 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
I think it holds the all-time record First Alarm, 97 Honda Civic - Page 15 -- posted image.
zerovandez 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2011 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

LOL! Hey but I'm learning and things are starting to come together! This is the only problematic issue left. Again, I'm sure someone will benefit from all of this information in the future as well. Should be sticky!

Just got back from a hike in the Grand Canyon. Yeah I needed a break from it all lol. I'll give that a shot, Howie being that I have not done anything else yet.
And again, for the record; the passenger side is the SAME wire that connects to the dome light. They aren't separate circuits. Not sure If I would need to use diodes for Howie's new instructions.

Here is a picture of my interior's wiring. I hope this helps you help me...

First Alarm, 97 Honda Civic - Page 15 -- posted image.

zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2011 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
So after looking at this myself, would it be possible to diode isolate the passenger door trigger for the dome light and door triggers seperately? Basically installing 2 diodes on the passenger door trigger, run one diode to the door trigger/dome light, and run the other diode to the dome light relay. Would this work out?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2011 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
Try this, you made me think of an answer:- door_switch.bmp
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2011 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. Do you see my confusion with this now after looking at the schematic of the car? The dome light (-) runs to the passenger door, to the switch, through the floor, then behind the fuse box, which then communicates with the driver door through some kind of ICU.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2011 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
My last diagram was wrong, it will only bring on the dome light when you turn off the alarm, not on opening the door, use my previous idea with a 528t. Also we're missing the point here, dome light supervision should only activate when the alarm is switched off.
Since it doesn't do that here, assuming you did actually test, then your unit is faulty and I've no further comments...wait fleabay? Caveat emptor!
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2011 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I agree. I think we've exhausted all other possibilities. I have to wrap up this portion of the project. I can live with waiting on the dome light to stop as I do not intend on using the remote start feature that often.
Howie, I would like to thank you for helping me and basically holding my hand through all of this. I seriously couldn't have done this without your help. It's people like you who make online help very pleasurable. And thanks to KP as well. You've all made this possible for me and to everyone who reads it.
I'm going to tie things up now and post pictures of my wiring. I'm pretty damn proud of myself! And I'm sure you will see me around these forums again. Thanks again, guys. Email me your paypal address, round of beers on me! Cheers!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2011 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Before we sign off on this I have 2 questions....
1) Does your dome light stay on for say 10 seconds to a minute after shut the doors but close down immediately you lock them?
2) Do you have an "icon" on the instrument panel telling you if a door is open, usually lights up when the ignition is on.
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2011 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Answers
1) Dome light only stays on during MTS mode even if I open the door and then shut it. It seems as though the brain still has control over it until it reaches it's own time limit regardless of door opening or closing. But normally, the dome lights DO turn off when closing the door and/or arming the alarm.
2) There isn't any icon on my gauge cluster which warns me that a door is open. Honda tied in the dome light to the door switches for this particular reason. Only now, my trunk light is lit when I open the doors but that's because I connected the trunk pin to the door trigger (which is connected to the dome light/door switch). I didn't bother diode isolating because it doesn't bother me.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
So, apart from the fact that;
a) Your alarm/RS is faulty or
b) You've wired something wrong such as the dome relay
c) You've hooked doors and trunk triggers together, asking for false alarms on a Honda of this age.
You're telling me there's a trunk/hatch icon but but no door open ICON.
Please look again, on later Hondas there's one each and I tie the alarm triggers to these icons, it avoids ANY door light problems.
Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic