the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 charger headlights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2011 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

Just checked a Ready Remote install guide.  It looks like the Headlight output is only  (-) 400mA and not selectable to a (+) output.  In that case, connect that Yellow/Brown wire to the Relay Pin 85 and connect Relay Pin 86 to +12v constant thru a 5A fuse.  

Sorry, not familiar with the Ready Remote unit although I did mark it in the relay diagram as (+) signal.

Soldering is fun!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 06, 2011 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.bcae1.com/

Goood reading for ANYONE that is considering doing this type of work.... often !

mr. b 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

yeah its not working

just put in the 5 amp fuse and hooked it up

i use 1 1k ohm and 2 100 ohm resistors soldered in series

hmmm do u want some readings from the multimeter?? if it would help

lol there was a 100k ohm in the 100 ohm box and i almost bought it

mr. b 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
** hooked it up and then put in fuse
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

Does the relay click when the Ready Remote tries to turn on the headlights?

If your are confident you have located the correct MUX wire, as a test you could connect one side of the 1.2k ohm resistor network directly to the vehicle side of the cut MUX wire and the other side of the resistor to chassis ground. That will prove you have the correct wire and the resistance value is correct. Doing the same thing with a 1670 ohm resistor should get the parking lights on.. ( One time, on a 2006 Dodge Caravan, it was necessary to increase the resistor value to get the Parking Lights to come on and not the Headlights.)

Soldering is fun!
mr. b 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

im reading 1196 ohm in the ground

and when connected to the mux w/b vehicle side it turns on the parking parking lights

so should i lower the resistance

and i cant hear the click as the ready remote click pretty loud

kreg357 
Posted: June 09, 2011 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  

You got the right MUX wire.  Did the parking lights come on when it was controlled by the Ready Remote headlight output & relay?

If 1196 ohms does the Parking Lights, try it with a 1k resistor.  Might be easier to buy a 0 to 5k potentiometer ( trim POT ) and test with that.  Use the DMM and set it to 1.2k then connect & slowly adjust until the parking lights go off and the headlights come on.  Then measure the current resistance value.

Soldering is fun!
mr. b 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2011 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

its 760

i un soldered my guitar pot 500k

barely tapped it till it turned off

then i broke the lug..****me

tested it with the new resistors plug it in and nothing

so its got to be a bad relay, but nobody sells them NOBODY

thank for all the help so far i feel iv learned alot

kreg357 
Posted: June 09, 2011 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

You have a DMM so you can test the relay.

In the non-energized state, check for a short ( ~0 ohms ) between Pin 87A & Pin 30 and an open between Pin 87 & 30. 

Use some jumpers to apply ground to Pin 85 and +12v to Pin 86, energizing the relay.  With the relay is energized you

should see an open between Pin 87A & Pin 30 and a short between Pin 87 & Pin 30.

Most better automotive stores have the relays.  You could also try a local auto stereo / alarm shop.

Soldering is fun!
mr. b 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2011 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

so idk what i did but it works when the car finder and dlr is on but not the panic or fully triggered alarm

i guess i only tried the panic earlier

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic