icon

compustar sensors not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icma 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2011 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone, I hope someone will be able to reassure me I did not really screw something up.  I had a compustar cm6300 (alarm only) installed on my VW GTI 2003 professionally.  I decided to add a motion sensor myself, which I did and everything was working fine for a few days.  Then I decided to change the on/off switch that I wired in to something that fits my dash better.  The new switch was not labled power, ground, load, so I think I connected it wrong at first before I figured out which terminal on the switch was for ground. 

Anyways, now my shock sensor and motion sensor do not work.  The really weird part is, the sensors are powered when the alarm is not armed, and then when I arm it, the sensors seem to power off.  I can tell because of the light on the shock sensor lights up when I tap the sensor when the system in not armed.

Anyone have any ideas? Did I fry something in the brain? I am soo mad at myself... I should have let the pro's install the motion sensor...  If anyone can help at all I would REALLY appreciate it.  Otherwise I will have to take it back to the installer and probably pay them to fix my screw up. 

icma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

Bascially it seems like the shock sensor is on when the system is disarmed, but it is off when armed.  Not sure how it could have reversed itself like that...  just looking for ideas on what this could possibly be..

icma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2011 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone tell me if I am correct in assuming the power wire should not register any voltage if the system is not armed?
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm this really doesn't make sense. When you arm you system your shock sensor should arm itself in 30 seconds. If it reacts instantly, this would leave me to believe you are plugged into the wrong input.
make sure you shock sensor is plugged into the shock sensor input and not the RPS input. I'm sure this is your issue.
Also make sure you additional sensor is using the green plug on the brain.
"dont ground out!"
icma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for replying.
It is working ok now it seems, except it is taking a very long time before the sensors activate. Probably like 30 mins or so. I don't see a option that can be changed in the install manual..
icma 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2011 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
I do definitely have the sensors in the right connectors, red and green.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic