icon

'11 toyota camry rs cranks no start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
The learn tach process cant be the problem if it was it would over start or cut off after starting or not start long enought. But the car turning over and over and over but never cranking, then with the factory key setting in the switch with in the lock position lets it crank, means that the security system is not bypassing.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like the bypass is not programmed to the car yet.

Do a bypass module reset first. Then set Standard mode and program to car as follows.

1.  Unplug all the harness to the iDatalink module except the black 4 Pin harness.
2.  Unplug the black 4 Pin harness.
3.  Press and hold the Programming Button.
4.  Plug in the black 4 Pin harness ( while keeping the button pressed).
5.  When the LED flashes red, release the Programming Button.  The LED will go solid Red for 2 seconds.
6.  After a few seconds the LED should start doing a single Green blink.  Press the Programming Button once.
7.  The LED should start doing a double Green blink.  Press and hold the Programming Button until the LED goes solid
    green then release the Programming Button.
8.  Plug in all the bypasses harnesses.
9.  Insert key into ignition.
10. Turn key to START and verify the LED turns solid green for 2 seconds.
11. Turn key to OFF

Try a remote start.

Soldering is fun!
gamez1515 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
I reset the programming and it is blinking red. I know for sure I've got the right firmware on the module. Thanks
gamez1515 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2011 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
With the key in the on position (engine off) and the blinking red light from module i do a remote start and it starts. I turn the key to off and take it out and the car stays on. The light on the module is now flashing green. I don't know if this helps.
Thanks again.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged  

Did you try doing the 11 steps as posted above?  Does it successfully complete the 11 steps as posted?  If not, at which step does it fail?

A Flashing RED LED with Ignition OFF means "Incorrectly programmed or connected."  Verify your wiring and connections.

Soldering is fun!
gamez1515 
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
It fails at step 10... It flashes red.
Everything is connected correctly as the diagram shows and programmed for that car... except the diode to the keysense or the security light.
I've read somewhere that the imo and imi need to be connected to ecm side. I found the wires behind the glovebox but imi guessing there are two sides to it. i connected it to front side (easy side). Can you explain that for me?
Thanks for all your help guys ;)
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  

Getting the IMI and IMO behind the glovebox is fine. You can get them right on the front of the plug right where you see them after removing the glovebox. If the cut IMI wire is connected backwards(which can happen) The module will still program correctly and the car will still start, but stall after a few seconds of running(so this isn't your problem). I might add to Kregs instructions above that on step 10 you need to hold it on start for a few seconds sometimes before it turns green. If your light starts flashing before you even get that far the bottom line is you have something wired incorrectly in reguards to the IMI and IMO wires.

The diode for keyesnse will not be needed as long as the blue/white from the Idatalink is the ONLY wire connected to the blue on the RS. The security light wire is not needed to program or make this work in any way. It is only to stop the light from flashing after it remote starts.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kreg357 
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  

x2 with Mike M2.

Here is a Tech Note from  iDatalink.  http://12voltdata.com/viewtopic.php?f=243&t=2990

They suggest moving the Gray/Red wire from the ADS module to the other side ( vehicle side ) of the cut yellow wire.  That seems to jive with this diagram from Fortin for installation of their EVO-ALL on a new Camry.   Fortin also has a nice picture of the connector.    https://ifar.ca/en/download/2702/preview.html  All these connections are critical and should be soldered.

Soldering is fun!
gamez1515 
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
I think we just found the problem. I didn't cut the yellow wire... I spliced into it and I didn't connect the WHITE/ Red thinking it wasn't needed because the diagram shows it cut. I feel so stupid right now. Sorry guys. Going to fix this now.
Will update soon.
gamez1515 
Posted: June 25, 2011 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
No good :(
Grey/Red with WHITE/ Red to vehicle side yellow wire
WHITE/ Black to connector side yellow wire... Flashing red light at start up
should i try WHITE/ red to connector side?
Thanks for your patience and help guys.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic