2001 bmw 330i lock/unlocking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chuckb210 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Howie,
Thanks for all your help. I gave up on the stellar remote. I purchased another one from directed electronics. It came with everything and the instructions were so much better. I got it working in less than three hours. 2001 bmw 330i lock/unlocking - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.2001 bmw 330i lock/unlocking - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.2001 bmw 330i lock/unlocking - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.2001 bmw 330i lock/unlocking - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.2001 bmw 330i lock/unlocking - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
I do still need your help, however. I saw your comment "a 556UW, wired Euro style". This unit came with a transponder wire and somehow I think you know my next comment. I put that damn transponder in every which way buy loose and I couldn't get the car to recognize it. It is a loop transponder. I don't have a valet key, but I will order one next week. I am using the second full size key. I found the two wires coming off of the key area and have determined that this is for the transponder signal. I disconnected them and the car would not start.
Questions on the transponder:
1. Please explain wiring euro style.
2. Can I take this two wire loop and wire it euro style?
If I can't hook it up this way, I will purchase the model you recommended.
I also need to bypass the clutch. I found the wire that needs to have a positive signal to bypass it. I do not have a positive output that would energize only when the remote start is being used. Right now I am using the ignition wire, but as you know, it bypasses the safety switch when the key is on. I would like to avoid this if possible. I do have a negative signal coming from the remote starter. This is connected to the transponder.
Any thought on how to accomplish this would also be appreciated.
Thanks again and all of us Beemer owners should be thankful for people like you.
I'd rather do it once slow than twice fast.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
ONLY use a 556U with a valet key. It has full instructions for Euro style use. Cut off the loop and cut one of the car's two, join each end to two of the three by-pass wires and solder the third to the other, blue by-pass wire to your status output, red to 12v+ constant and black to ground.
Valet key is recommended because use of the normal key in the box will affect the locks especially in manual transmission reservation mode.
As for the clutch switch use the second status (GWR) wire or if only one, diode separate them, "Y" shape, bands of diodes (1N4004) towards R/S then relay a pos to the clutch switch.
Same principle for relay aided trunk release, RED / white trunk release, to 85, 86 and 87 via a 5amp fused to constant 12v+, 30 to grey/light green in the passenger floor loom level with rear of front passenger seat, very hard to find. (87a not used)
Let me know if this is an alarm or an alarm/RS, I have more relevant info for you.
chuckb210 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
It is a remote start only.
Here is a link to the unit. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Ready-Remote,-Remote-Car-Start-Designtech_10035499-P_N3534_A%7CGRP2021_____
There is no marking on the bypass unit, but it is made by Directed Electronics. I believe that is the same company that makes the 556U. I will hunt down and purchase the 556U. I found the instruction manual for the 556U online. The 556U has three wires going to the transponder loop, the one that came with the remote start only has two wires.
Thanks again
I guess I need to wait until I get a valet key and the 556U before continuing. I will still wait for any other advice.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know if this unit has car lock and unlock but if it has does it have comfort close? Let me know either way.
chuckb210 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
It does not have door lock and unlock. It has one button for remote start. I didn't read anything about comfort lock. So, I have to assume it does not.
chuckb210 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
OK, my 556U arrived today and I am going to finish this project.
Howie, et al, does it matter which one of the two factory transponder ring wires that I tap into. It is not specified on the instructions for the 556u. Here is a link to the instructions that I will be following.
http://assets......com/manuals/directed/556uw.pdf
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
No.
chuckb210 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic